Pedal Steel?

addedc

Experienced
Anyone have a pedal steel preset for the AX8? I am looking for something to help cover Sheryl Crow's All I Want to Do. Thanks in advance.

Anyone have a pedal steel preset for the AX8? I am looking for something to help cover Sheryl Crow's All I Want to Do. Thanks in advance.
There used to be a pedal steel preset in AxeChange... it was an older Std preset?.. but you can probably convert them..

Here's what I have in my archives.. no, I have not auditioned them in a LONG time..

Attachments

• 619 PitchCoaster Pedal @.syx
    2 KB · Views: 122
  • 1148 - Pedal From Heaven.syx
    2 KB · Views: 118
I see a lot of pedal steel guys use amps like a Fender Twin Reverb, basically something loud, and that can stay somewhat clean, so really any there are a ton of amps that should work well. Just try a few and see what sounds good. Really nothing to specific for a pedal steel preset, save maybe have it set up with a volume pedal

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I will convert and check out the presets tonight, though I assume modeling improvements have far outpaced those older amp settings.

If it helps: I believe the input level of my E9 pedal steel is quite a bit hotter than the usual 6-string.
The Axe FX sounds happier with Global/Amp gain backed off to -7 dB, give or take some.
Lacking any tone controls, the guitar sounds awfully bright into the high-impedance input. I modded a cable with 150 kOhms parallel resistance to make it more mellow. A passive volume pedal will probably achieve the same.

I have one I use for my console steel. I have different amps on X/Y I change around just for something a bit different, but the Blues Jr. is surprisingly good with a few tone control adjustment. My pedal steel playing friend uses a real Blues Jr. (which sounds great) sometimes when he doesn't need a tons of volume. Also, try pairing it with one of the cleaner speakers, like a JBL. Put a volume block before the amp (controlled with expression pedal) and some reverb at the end.

I play PSG and prefer solid state, because it doesn't distort. A popular amp is the Peavey Nashville 400. I've opened with my band for Lonestar and their steel player was using one.
I play a Mullen 12 string extended range E9
On the AxeFX2, I use the Jazz 120, based on the Roland Jazz Chorus, set to INPUT: 2.22; BASS 5.87; MID 4.09; TREBLE 4.13; MASTER VOLUME 10; OUTPUT LEVEL 0 dB
For the CAB, I use the 1x15 "Empire Mix," which is Factory 88.
I use a Peterson StroboPlus HD (Sweetened tunings for open strings/pedals/levers) into an active Goodrich Volume pedal. You don't want to use the AxeFX VOLUME or TUNER.
Then I simply use the QUICK CONTROL knob "A" to change scenes. I use Scene 1 for AMP CAB REVERB and Scene 8 for AMP CAB REVERB FILTER 1 (3 dB boost) for solos. That way I can crank the knob left and right to get that boost and back without looking. DELAY1 is 313ms and DELAY 2 is 500ms. MULTIDELAY1 is Plex Detune that you tap to the tempo and gives you 4 layered rhythmic delays based on 16ths. REVERB is high quality studio.
Scenes:
S1: AMP CAB REVERB
S2: AMP CAB DELAY1 REVERB
S3: AMP CAB MULTIDELAY1 REVERB
S4: AMP CAB DELAY2 REVERB
S5: AMP CAB FILTER1
S6: AMP CAB DELAY1 FILTER1
S7: AMP CAB DELAY1 REVERB FILTER1
S8: AMP CAB REVERB FILTER1

There used to be a pedal steel preset in AxeChange... it was an older Std preset?.. but you can probably convert them..

Here's what I have in my archives.. no, I have not auditioned them in a LONG time..
These presets don't import into my AF2XL. How does one "convert" them?

All the time! My band, Bella Cain, fills 'er up!
See ya this summer..I'm a partner in a business that is mounting festivals and music events on the Waukegan harbor front...Kenosha has done a nice job of reinventing itself culturally..we hope to do the same ..

We'll be at the Brat Stop:
Saturday, April 29 for the Scout Leaders Rescue Squad Benefit
Saturday, November 4 for the Bristol Fire Dept Fundraiser
Our bandleader/drummer is a Waukegan firefighter.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I will convert and check out the presets tonight, though I assume modeling improvements have far outpaced those older amp settings.
I have a gig coming up on PedalSteel and I have the AX8, do you still have those presets converted presets for AX8?

Back
Top Bottom