• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Pedal Steel Amps

Legrande-II

Hi all. Brand new to both fractal, and this forum. I was wondering if there has ever been any consideration for modeling any of the various steel amps on the market? I am mostly playing steel these days and I would love to have some dedicated amps/IRs specifically for steel if that could ever be a thing. Have a preset for my Pedal steel, a preset for my triple neck stringmaster, and a various presets for my electric guitar, etc.

I have tried messing with the shiver clean, jazz chorus model, and various loud/clean fender models with limited success. I received some IRs of a peavey Nashville amp (can’t remember which model), and that has drastically helped things along as there are very many IRs left in the thousands available that I have yet to toy with. Much like a bass amp differs from a guitar amp, steel amps have a much different voicing than a guitar amp.

Now, I can get a passable tone for sure. That’s not a problem, but I would love to have have a more dedicated tone if that was a possibility.
Amps that come to mind are: quilter steelaire, older Peavey Nashville 400/1000, newer peavey Nashville 112, Dr. Z surgical steel, milkman pedal steel 85w, Little Walter 89
Thanks for all you guys do. Really enjoying this axe III.

Dave Merrill

Experienced
Was the SSS intended as a pedal steel amp? I haven't run into that idea before. All the clips of them I've heard are regular electric guitars.

Rex

Legend!
I’ve heard of it being used that way, but steel guitar is a bit out of my wheelhouse.

Top Bottom