pedal problem

bluesmostly

Inspired
I have a Rocktron expression pedal that I am using for wah and to turn on and off Drive. The problem is the pedal turns off the volume of the entire preset when it is in the 'off' position, toe up. I know it must be a simple function that I am overlooking but I can't seem to find it... Help!!!

nothing? I looked at I/O and Control functions, and I got nothing... the expression pedal is plugged into the Roctron AllAccess and the Drive, Wah functions on the Axe are set to 'pedal 1'... what could it be? Why does this pedal control the volume of every patch on the Axe turning the sound off (toe up) and on (toe down) when I rock the pedal? Is there an main/overall Output volume control for the Axe that is being controlled by this stupid pedal?

Last edited:
You need to set items to whatever CC# the All Access sends for the pedal. "Pedal 1" is only the Pedal 1 port on the Axe-FX.

Navigate to "External 1" at the I/O: CTRL page, press enter, move the pedal. The number that shows up is the pedal's CC#. Out 1 Volume is probably set to that CC#; change it to "none". Make sure nothing else on the CTRL page is set to that CC#. The block bypass items there are only for on/off block switching, probably not what you want from the pedal.

Now you can assign the pedal to various things like wah freq. in a preset. Nav. to the freq. knob at the wah edit screen, press enter and set "source" to "External 1". You should see the dot move at that screen when you move the pedal and hear something if the block is engaged.

that did it! thanks alot Bakerman! I learned something simple and important too. Lots to learn with this rig for sure. This place is great. cheers, D

Back
Top Bottom