Pedal problem...

Howdy. I've gone two months without having to ask a question on the board. I feel like I'm growing as a person.

Anyway, I've been using the AxeFX II for a couple of months now and have almost everything how I like it. The last thing is the expression pedal. I was trying to get the shimmer effect from With or With Out You (U2) to fade in like it does on the album. It opens with an ebow or an infinite guitar sound and then the shimmer comes in on top of it. I have the effect ready and can hear it, but it is always on. I got out an expression pedal, set it up in jack #1 on my MFC-101 as per the manual, but the only thing it does is act as a global volume pedal. How do I connect the effects loop that I'm using to get the shimmer to the pedal on port 1?

Thanks, all.

Bob

The expression pedal, I should say, does at least mute the unit when it is plugged into the foot controller. When it is plugged into the AxeFX2 it does nothing. So, I am doing something right. Just not everything. Is this perhaps a problem I can solve in Axe-Edit?

It sounds like maybe the pedal has been configured as a global volume pedal or something, unless you're saying it is only affecting a particular preset?

The expression pedal jacks on the MFC are different than the one(s) on the Axe Fx and needed to be configured separately.

It's not quite clear what you are trying to control, however.

Are you saying that you have some external effects that you want to run in the Axe Fx effects loop, and that you want to fade those in via expression pedal control?

Sounds like that is the case and you are able to hear those effects now.

Assuming that is the case and you are using the FXLoop block to route audio to/from your external gear, then you'll probably want to assign your pedal as a controller on the Mixer page of the FXLoop block. You may need to put that block in parallel to get the right effect.

It's been 3+ years since I used an Axe Fx II and MFC (using Axe Fx III now), so I'm not going to be much help on the details.

Well this is the deal. I bought Edo's U2 With or Without You presets. He says shimmer's automatically set up to expression pedal one. When I use the pedal the volume the whole signal goes from on to off, nothing in between. I'd contact him, but because of a miscommunication and lots of back and forth emails when I bought it, I'd feel like I was badgering him. So I thought I'd badger everyone, because that's always better. :)

Well this is the deal. I bought Edo's U2 With or Without You presets. He says shimmer's automatically set up to expression pedal one. When I use the pedal the volume the whole signal goes from on to off, nothing in between. I'd contact him, but because of a miscommunication and lots of back and forth emails when I bought it, I'd feel like I was badgering him. So I thought I'd badger everyone, because that's always better. :)
Since you're talking about a 3rd party preset it's best to try and get support from the preset creator.

XP2 on the MFC is default "External Controller 1". XP1 is default Global Volume.

assuming you have the defaults, plug your pedal into XP2.

External Controller is not the same as Expression Pedal Port.

Back
Top Bottom