1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Pedal Jack stopped working?...

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Discussion' started by Chewie5150, Jun 14, 2018 at 7:57 PM.

1. Chewie5150

Chewie5150
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I started noticing some odd behaviors with my Mission Engineering EP-1 (w/spring load) pedal few weeks back. I use this exclusively for Wah. Now it has completely stopped working. While engaging it, I don't even see the 'Midi In' light up on the Axe front console.

Bad cable? i swapped with another TRS cable to the same pedal and still nothing.
    I tried both the original cable and above mentioned cable to one of my other expression pedals (both Mission engineering which are connected via my MC6) and nothing!...

Is it possible something is borked on the pedal jack on the rear of my Axe II?...

2. Bakerman

Bakerman
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

Axe-FX pedal port use doesn't light the MIDI In LED.

Did you try calibrating again?

Did you check all related settings on the Axe-FX? Pedal type = continuous? Ext Ctrl set to pedal? Correct Ext Ctrl # chosen as wah control source?

Did you try a different pedal to Axe-FX?

Did you try this pedal to the MC6?

3. paranoid

paranoid
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

If you have the expression pedals connected trough a midi controller, this should have nothing to do with the pedal jack in the axe fx.

4. Chewie5150

Chewie5150
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

To clarify, the pedal in question wasn’t connected via a midi controller. I always play while connected to axe edit on computer so that might be why I usually see midi in light up while engaging.

I have two other mission engineering pedals that are connected to an MC6 midi controller. I disconnected one and tested it in the rear Pedal jack of axe. Same result.

Possibly related or just really bad luck... my MC6 just stopped functioning properly. Display just showing solid blocks across screen. This is powered from the 7 pin midi on back of Axe. Is there a circuit connecting these two that might have gotten fried?!

P.s I checked all settings. Nothing has changed. Pedal continuous etc etc