Pedal Jack stopped working?...

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
I started noticing some odd behaviors with my Mission Engineering EP-1 (w/spring load) pedal few weeks back. I use this exclusively for Wah. Now it has completely stopped working. While engaging it, I don't even see the 'Midi In' light up on the Axe front console.

Bad cable? i swapped with another TRS cable to the same pedal and still nothing.
I tried both the original cable and above mentioned cable to one of my other expression pedals (both Mission engineering which are connected via my MC6) and nothing!...

Is it possible something is borked on the pedal jack on the rear of my Axe II?...

Axe-FX pedal port use doesn't light the MIDI In LED.

Did you try calibrating again?

Did you check all related settings on the Axe-FX? Pedal type = continuous? Ext Ctrl set to pedal? Correct Ext Ctrl # chosen as wah control source?

Did you try a different pedal to Axe-FX?

Did you try this pedal to the MC6?

If you have the expression pedals connected trough a midi controller, this should have nothing to do with the pedal jack in the axe fx.

To clarify, the pedal in question wasn’t connected via a midi controller. I always play while connected to axe edit on computer so that might be why I usually see midi in light up while engaging.

I have two other mission engineering pedals that are connected to an MC6 midi controller. I disconnected one and tested it in the rear Pedal jack of axe. Same result.

Possibly related or just really bad luck... my MC6 just stopped functioning properly. Display just showing solid blocks across screen. This is powered from the 7 pin midi on back of Axe. Is there a circuit connecting these two that might have gotten fried?!

P.s I checked all settings. Nothing has changed. Pedal continuous etc etc

bump.

I think i have a dead pedal jack on my Axe II. I have tried my other expression pedal and cable which i know to work and nothing. Has anyone experienced this?

I do t use the jacks on the back of the unit, but I think you want those set to pedal 1/2, not external 1 etc, don’t you ?

I have tried both Pedal 1 and External Control 1 "learn" on the I/O menu and either way it is not registering anything connected to the Pedal Jack.

Back
Top Bottom