Pedal jack on back of axe?

wake911

Experienced
So the manual says the pedal jack accepts a std guitar cable for a switch, or a trs for a pedal. Can it be configured to be 2 switches if a trs is used (ala e boss fs-6 dual pedal)? I have the opportunity to use my axe acoustically but there is ZERO stage room, so I will barely be able to fit 2 switches. There is no way I'll be able to fit my NFC omn the stage. I want a button for delay on/off and a button for boost on/off.

Just trying to figure out cheapest route and I have no switches to use, Other than a single mission button, but I really need 2 buttons if at all possible. Any ideas?

You can't use two switches directly ino the Axe-FX. The software doesn't support it, and the hardware may not, either.

Check out the Tech 21 MIDI Mouse for a three-button switch that connects to the MIDI port. It's about the size of a stomp box.

Yeah I guess that came out wrong. I will be using the axe as my verb, comp, delay and boost when I use my acoustic guitar live in a duo setting. However the stage we'll use has zero floor space at all, so the MFC won't work. I'll have to check out the midi mouse and see what I can do with it. Just bummed that the axe jack isn't able to split the signal between tip and ring like e MFC switch jacks do. Not a big deal never thought about it before now.

You can't use two switches directly ino the Axe-FX. The software doesn't support it, and the hardware may not, either.

Check out the Tech 21 MIDI Mouse for a three-button switch that connects to the MIDI port. It's about the size of a stomp box.

I have the midi mouse, but I think it can only send program change messages - so if you want to switch a drive on/off, you won't be able to do it (that I know of). You can scroll up/down presets, or use the middle button to 'search' for them. You might be better off with a small controller like the liquid foot junior or the rocktron midimate, but those are a little big for your needs.
What you CAN do if you are using the midi mouse is store two presets next to each other, one with delay/drive/reverb/etc and one without, and switch between them. I do it whenever I use the midi mouse - there is a LOT of room in the axe for presets, so it shouldn't be a big deal to do that. If you don't store the presets next to each other you can use the search function - very easy to use. You'll have to store it in bank A tho - the midi mouse will only access presets from 0-127 if i remember correctly. It's an awesome little box tho - not bashing it at ALL! ;) Just want to make sure it is suited for your needs.....

WARNING!! Grumpy old farts opinion ahead!! (without knowing any background info etc etc)

Seems like lots of trouble to what seems to be a very small gig (if they can not even fit your MFC on stage). If this is a one time gig and you have to buy stuff for it.. I say cancel!! ;)

^ LOL!!!!!!!!!!

@randombastage - that would work nicely - the MFC is not on the floor, so it's out of the way, and you have the inputs for the switch. Nice and easy fix! ;)

The person with the Axe II has priority over the none Axe musician so tell your friend he has to dump a piece of gear to make room :p

Reactions: jon
stack the MFC over the AxeFx and run your tip/ring/sleeve pedal to it....then you can also tap a stomp button or two with your hand...

Brilliant idea, so freaking simple...how come the best answers are almost always the easy ones?

Though Yek's idea is WAY cooler, haha

Back
Top Bottom