Pedal in FX Loop lower volume/gain

claxor

Power User
Guys,

I'm experimenting with placing my EHX Mel9 pedal in the effects loop of my Axefx 2, and I notice a significant level drop compared to placing the pedal in front of the Axefx2. I want to use the effects loop for the routing options, obviously.

What could cause this significant drop in level for the pedal? The Mel9 is mono, and because I previously had a stereo pedal in the effect loop, I disconnected the cables to the pedal (but not the cables in the effects loop) and connected only the left side of the effect loop to the Mel9. Could the connected Axefx2 Right In and Out on the effect loop but not connected to any pedal be the problem?

Thanks!

What is the Out 2 volume knob set to? What is the In 2 digital volume set to? Do the meters look ok?

I'm not in near the rig at the moment, but Out 2 most have been increased, since I used a stereo pedal previously going into the Axefx2 effects loop. I remember the meters were active on the Left side only and were a little hot, even though I could barely hear the pedal.

I'm not in near the rig at the moment, but Out 2 most have been increased, since I used a stereo pedal previously going into the Axefx2 effects loop. I remember the meters were active on the Left side only and were a little hot, even though I could barely hear the pedal.
Let us know when you're near the rig.

What is the Out 2 volume knob set to? What is the In 2 digital volume set to? Do the meters look ok?

Out 2 volume knob on the Axefx 2 front is set to straight-up 50%. Pointing directly up. Same as In 2 digital volume; 50%. As I mentioned before, I remember the meters were active on the Left side only and were a little hot (touching red often), even though I could barely hear the pedal.

Try turning the Out 2 knob to 100%. You may need to adjust In 2 level after making that change. If the pedal's output volume is maxed and you need more level, increase the FX Loop block's output level parameter (on 2nd page of front panel, not the 1st page mixer controls).

Out 2 volume knob on the Axefx 2 front is set to straight-up 50%. Pointing directly up. Same as In 2 digital volume; 50%. As I mentioned before, I remember the meters were active on the Left side only and were a little hot (touching red often), even though I could barely hear the pedal.
it's not loud enough, but you're only at 50%?

Back
Top Bottom