[FIXED] Pedal Calibration Delay with more than one pedal plugged in

Chad Beattie

Experienced
Axe-Fx FW: 5.07
FC Firmware: 1.06

With more than one pedal or pedal and external switch plugged in to the FC, there is a delay from the time the axe-fx is powered on to when you can calibrate the pedal(s). This delay doesn't exist when only one pedal is plugged in.

In my case, the calibration indicator stays to the far right even if you move the pedal. After a while (I didn't time it yet), it eventually starts working. This behavior doesn't occur when just one pedal is plugged in. I can power off the axe-fx, power on, and go to the calibration setup. The indicator immediately moves left to right and right to left as you move the pedal around.

Hopefully I explained that in a legible manner. Just bringing this up to see if it's normal or if it points to a potential issue. Tested with two different axe fx's and both fc-6 and fc-12 with different cables and EV1/EV2 pedals along with external switches. I figure it may be some polling the axe is doing to see what is all connected before the calibration will work?

in general, the Axe3 is doing some background tasks immediately after power on.

if you're consistently getting that result with 2 vs 1 pedal, maybe it's something. but that behavior is somewhat expected immediately after power on.

In my opinion this is clearly a bug or failure in the design. Hopfully FAS is doing somthing about it. I've a similar Problem with just one pedal and high CPU usage.

Hi,
i'm currently running an FC12 (FW 1.06) with an Axe 3 (FW 5.08). As soon as the preset size reaches around 70-80% of CPU usage, the expression pedal (EV2) has a large lag. After an AxeFx restart, this lag is lasting for a few minutes and then it is working without a large lag. It seems like Axe3+FC12 is transmitting some stuff that prevents the expression pedal to work properly. I gave G66 Support a call and they could reproduce this behaviour.

Cheers
PhillAnselmo

running into this same issue - here is my video:

The AF3 has been fired up for several hours. Lost calibration and access to the controller and rest all of the parms for them.

Back
Top Bottom