Pedal Boards

GaryB

Inspired
Hey all, I've got a MFC101 and two Roland EV-5's I want to mount up. I'm looking at a Temple Audio Duo 24 which would give me just enough room for everything with a little to spare around the edges. Are there any other boards I should be looking at?

A board is a board is a board. I use a pedal train 24 and it works great. As long as whatever you get is sturdy and has a case to protect your pedals, I wouldn’t worry too much about the board you choose.

Hey all, I've got a MFC101 and two Roland EV-5's I want to mount up. I'm looking at a Temple Audio Duo 24 which would give me just enough room for everything with a little to spare around the edges. Are there any other boards I should be looking at?
Hey mate! The Temple boards are great - I'm using one myself, having had a Pedaltrain, Diago and also an NYC pedalboard in the past.

My own preference of them, based solely on my own experience and needs, is as follows:

• Diago board was good, but a little flimsy in some areas; carpet bottom came unglued and a hinge broke - not with particularly heavy use. Great value for money though
  • the NYC board was better for me - very sturdily built. Carpet bottom also unglued over time - but a bit of adhesive sorted that out. More expensive than the Diago
  • The Pedaltrains were great (I had 2). Super light and strong. I had the hard case to protect my gear, which was great. The gaps between slats allows you to route cables really easily underneath, which is great. I'd really recommend this board.
  • Finally, the Temple Boards, which are my current fave. Light, strong enough and the coolest things is the cable management that really works well to give the board a super clean look. Not too gappy (which the pedaltrain was, for me) and looks very stealthy. The only downside of the Temple is that the hard case for it costs an arm and a leg. I'm really not sure why. I got the soft gig bag thing, which is fine for my purposes as I always just put the board in my car, but a more cost-effective hard case from them would have been great.

Hope that helps. Great thing is there are some super options available these days, so go with what fits best for you, looks the way you like and is within budget.

Looking forward to pics of your board as it comes together!
Sukh

Pedal train classic 2 works well for me. I cut the front height down one inch which removed the bar. I did that because I couldn't close it over my Gordius little giant, which is extra tall.

Case is too heavy IMO, but that might not be solvable. PT's first case was too light and fell apart. Their second was too heavy, so this is the "goldilocks" case. Still pretty heavy, but it's durable.

CLASSIC2-2.png

CLASSIC2-CASE3.png

Thanks for the feedback. At the moment, it's a toss up between the PedalTrain and Temple Audio boards. We shall see!

Hey mate! The Temple boards are great - I'm using one myself, having had a Pedaltrain, Diago and also an NYC pedalboard in the past.

My own preference of them, based solely on my own experience and needs, is as follows:

• Diago board was good, but a little flimsy in some areas; carpet bottom came unglued and a hinge broke - not with particularly heavy use. Great value for money though
  • the NYC board was better for me - very sturdily built. Carpet bottom also unglued over time - but a bit of adhesive sorted that out. More expensive than the Diago
  • The Pedaltrains were great (I had 2). Super light and strong. I had the hard case to protect my gear, which was great. The gaps between slats allows you to route cables really easily underneath, which is great. I'd really recommend this board.
  • Finally, the Temple Boards, which are my current fave. Light, strong enough and the coolest things is the cable management that really works well to give the board a super clean look. Not too gappy (which the pedaltrain was, for me) and looks very stealthy. The only downside of the Temple is that the hard case for it costs an arm and a leg. I'm really not sure why. I got the soft gig bag thing, which is fine for my purposes as I always just put the board in my car, but a more cost-effective hard case from them would have been great.

Hope that helps. Great thing is there are some super options available these days, so go with what fits best for you, looks the way you like and is within budget.

Looking forward to pics of your board as it comes together!
Sukh

Having had both the Pedaltrain and Temple boards, which method of attaching the pedals to the board did you like better?

For those of you using the Temple and Pedaltrain boards, what did you do for a case? Based on the measurements I'm getting from both, it does not appear either board with a MFC101 attached will fit in their respective cases....Soft or hard cases.

I have a Pedaltrain Classic 2 w/ hardcase and it works just fine with my MFC-101 and 2 Mission EXP pedals. It is definitely snug but works well!

I have an NYC pedalboard. Quality is decent, I've only had it since June. I really prefer the lid off types though. Set it down where you want it and pop off the lid. I had a pedaltrain pro with bag and really am happy not having a bag anymore.

I have a Pedaltrain Classic 2 w/ hardcase and it works just fine with my MFC-101 and 2 Mission EXP pedals. It is definitely snug but works well!

This is the setup I'm looking for...MFC + 2 expression pedals. Pedaltrain is telling me the interior height of the hard case is 4.5 inches, and the Classic 2 is 3.5 inches at it's highest point. I assume there's a little give in the interior foam and mounting the MFC at the bottom gives you some extra wiggle room, but there's enough that you're not tearing up the interior foam with the footswitches of the MFC?

This is the setup I'm looking for...MFC + 2 expression pedals. Pedaltrain is telling me the interior height of the hard case is 4.5 inches, and the Classic 2 is 3.5 inches at it's highest point. I assume there's a little give in the interior foam and mounting the MFC at the bottom gives you some extra wiggle room, but there's enough that you're not tearing up the interior foam with the footswitches of the MFC?

Yes there is some give. I was pretty worried when I did the first test fit that it wouldn't work but after taking off the "feet" on the bottom of the MFC it fit a bit better. Also having it at the bottom helps for sure.

The foam has held up just fine on top. No tears as of yet and I've been using this case since May (about 50-60 gigs). I'll also admit that I am fairly hard on gear. With the frequency of gigs and living in a cramped apartment this sits in my vehicle most of the time. I'm very impressed with how sturdy the hard case is and how well it protects the MFC.

Yes there is some give. I was pretty worried when I did the first test fit that it wouldn't work but after taking off the "feet" on the bottom of the MFC it fit a bit better. Also having it at the bottom helps for sure.

The foam has held up just fine on top. No tears as of yet and I've been using this case since May (about 50-60 gigs). I'll also admit that I am fairly hard on gear. With the frequency of gigs and living in a cramped apartment this sits in my vehicle most of the time. I'm very impressed with how sturdy the hard case is and how well it protects the MFC.

Awesome! Thank you for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom