Pedal 1 and 2 on back of axe

firmani99

Inspired
I am starting to get a good feel for the axe but I am still a little fuzzy on setting up the MFC-101 and external controllers. I am looking to set up a wah (With a Mission expression pedal) that can be plugged into the MFC-101 or right into the axe if I am not using the MFC. Is this possible?

Also are the pedal jacks on the axe tip, ring, sleeve?

If so, would it be possible while not using the MFC to plug an expression pedal into one jack and a 2 simple on/off switchws to the tip and ring of pedal 2 to be able to switch between 3 scenes?

Also is it possible to set this up so that I can plug it in either with the mfc or without and plug the wah into either the mfc or the axe on the fly without changing any settings? If all of this is possible could someone explain the process of doing this? I am good on building a foot switch with 2 switches for tip/ ring/ and common sleeve. I am just lost when it comes to assigning functions to those jacks within the axe.
Thanks!

For the Pedal inputs on the axe, you would set the parameter - typically the External Controller type - to Pedal 1 or Pedal 2 instead of a CC# like 16 on the I/O CTRL menu on the front panel. Once you do this, the MFC no longer matches as it is controlling that CC number.

the pedal jacks are trs but will only run 1 switch as far as I understand. you can use the pedal jacks or mfc with the wah but as Chris has posted you will have to change the settings in the axe I/o menu to switch back and forth, or set up separate patches for each means of control.

Maybe setting up different patches would be a good idea. So the settings for the Pedal jacks would be changed by patch? They aren't global?

yes the pedal jacks are global, but you can build patches to use different ext controllers. you have 12 that can be used for many things. For example I have a momentary switch on my board set to ext 4, I have patches set up for every song(only like 3 different amps and such just copied for special what nots) in the set list, scenes for me are always: intro, clean, lead 1, rhythm, lead 2. in one patch that momentary switch is a pitch harmony, in one patch it is a boost, in several patches it is a feedbacker(modified from Mark days feed back patch), one patch it switches amps, etc. so I have just made copies of a couple basic patches and change the controllers to do different things for different songs.

I have it in the mfc, but you can assign one or both of the pedal jacks to ext controlers also. they do not have to be set to a certain effect unless you want it to be. there are how ever a few things you can not control with the ext controllers such as scene up, down, preset up, down, volume increase, decrease, and effects bypass, but there are multiple ways to do what ever you can dream up with the axe fx.

Back
Top Bottom