Wish Peavey Rockmaster Preamp

it's been a few years since looking at it? could have been the loop, i remember it was a common issue with them and had found a source for the part (hopefully they're still available). i will eventually get back around to working on it.
If it’s the loops that are giving you problems, it’s usually the jack’s built-in switch that’s causing problems. You can fix that by running short patch cables between the ins and outs of each loop.

So true. As Fractal is my witness, I will never lug that around again.
I eventually graduated from the 50/50 power amp to a Marshall 9200, not because it sounded better but you could see the tubes thru the glass front. Also, a 2 space drawer for accessories. It doubled the weight and I still lugged that thing to quite a few places. I'm with you, never again. I've been on a quest for the best sounding and most portable way to monitor my fractal gear and I'm finished.... at least until a new fas unit comes around,

I eventually graduated from the 50/50 power amp to a Marshall 9200, not because it sounded better but you could see the tubes thru the glass front. Also, a 2 space drawer for accessories. It doubled the weight and I still lugged that thing to quite a few places. I'm with you, never again. I've been on a quest for the best sounding and most portable way to monitor my fractal gear and I'm finished.... at least until a new fas unit comes around,
I went from the 50/50 to a Mesa 2:90, and later a 2:50. I put 6V6 power tubes in the Mesas and found it was a good compromise between the EL84s in the 50/50 and the 6L6s in the Mesas.

Back
Top Bottom