• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Peavey Rockmaster Preamp

Rex

Legend!
it's been a few years since looking at it? could have been the loop, i remember it was a common issue with them and had found a source for the part (hopefully they're still available). i will eventually get back around to working on it.
If it’s the loops that are giving you problems, it’s usually the jack’s built-in switch that’s causing problems. You can fix that by running short patch cables between the ins and outs of each loop.

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
So true. As Fractal is my witness, I will never lug that around again.
I eventually graduated from the 50/50 power amp to a Marshall 9200, not because it sounded better but you could see the tubes thru the glass front. Also, a 2 space drawer for accessories. It doubled the weight and I still lugged that thing to quite a few places. I'm with you, never again. I've been on a quest for the best sounding and most portable way to monitor my fractal gear and I'm finished.... at least until a new fas unit comes around,

ocaptainjr2

Experienced
I eventually graduated from the 50/50 power amp to a Marshall 9200, not because it sounded better but you could see the tubes thru the glass front. Also, a 2 space drawer for accessories. It doubled the weight and I still lugged that thing to quite a few places. I'm with you, never again. I've been on a quest for the best sounding and most portable way to monitor my fractal gear and I'm finished.... at least until a new fas unit comes around,
I went from the 50/50 to a Mesa 2:90, and later a 2:50. I put 6V6 power tubes in the Mesas and found it was a good compromise between the EL84s in the 50/50 and the 6L6s in the Mesas.

Top Bottom