Peavey Effects Return Experience

Walter B

I was having problems of getting a Great Clean sound with my Axe Fx
I tried studio monitors and Ev powered monitors with flat eq but my problem was trying get a Clean Sound without it sounding Compressed
I have a Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 that I ran the Axe Fx into the effects return of the PV in stereo
and wow the Clean sound was Excellent no compression and also the Overdrive and distortion sound great also

Studio monitors don’t add compression. I think your just hearing the differences of small near field speakers vs the room filling sound of the amp

they were all facing me but in a 20 by 20 room
facing you, but were some angled directly toward your ears and others not?

most guitar cabs never get angled up and shoot at our legs instead. it makes a huge, huge difference.

they were all angled towards me from the same distance only difference was the pv 212 guitar cab open back and the speakers were not separated self contained in the pv cab

In this case, "sounding compressed" probably has little to do with actual compression. Has more to do with hearing more reflected sounds in the room cus of the open back.

Last edited:
Open back cab.....that is the difference.
It will fill the room in a very different way (compared to a studio monitor or the EV speaker).

If you want a similar experience with FRFR, you should look at the XiTone MBritt cab (open back).

Back
Top Bottom