"Peace of Mind" Solo

Brian Coonan

Power User
Always dug this solo - tonight I plugged in the AX8 and just picked a factory preset to mess around...I did the harmony but I have no clue how to put two videos together on your tube.

Anyway, hope you dig it - little Opal T Kitty seemed to want to stop me. hhaha

Last edited:
That was great , I think opal T kitty wanted some credit for it too:)
Drives me nut when ppl post licks like this, now I have to learn it :)

How about sharing the preset @Brian Coonan, please?
I bought my (s/h)AX8 pretty much so that I could play with harmony stuff as it's always fascinated me.
I've tried to do a couple of Boston type presets myself, the usual More than a feeling and your song, Peace of mind.
I don't have my AX8 at hand at the moment but seem to recall one of the above songs was +3rds and the other +5ths for the harmony parts, obviously in the relevant key? From memory, I'm not sure which song had the 3rds or the 5ths?
It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the harmony settings?
Thank you once again for sharing the great video, it has me itching to go and plug my Les Paul in!!
Brett

How about sharing the preset @Brian Coonan, please?
I bought my (s/h)AX8 pretty much so that I could play with harmony stuff as it's always fascinated me.
I've tried to do a couple of Boston type presets myself, the usual More than a feeling and your song, Peace of mind.
I don't have my AX8 at hand at the moment but seem to recall one of the above songs was +3rds and the other +5ths for the harmony parts, obviously in the relevant key? From memory, I'm not sure which song had the 3rds or the 5ths?
It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the harmony settings?
Thank you once again for sharing the great video, it has me itching to go and plug my Les Paul in!!
Brett
Hey buddy - I actually don't have my AX8 anymore - switched to the III, but I will say that in the video I didn't use the pitch block on the AX8 - I did played the tracks separately but just didn't include that part in the video cause I didn't know how to do two videos together! lol. Glad you dug it though, thank you!

Thank you @Brian Coonan , I've just had a look at one of your other video's (No one like you) and think you have your tones nicely set up.
I'm beginning to wish I had held out and saved more money so that I could have bought an Axe FX111. I love my AX8 but think the FX111 could be on the wish list for the future.
Keep on rockin' and stay safe.
Brett

Thank you @Brian Coonan , I've just had a look at one of your other video's (No one like you) and think you have your tones nicely set up.
I'm beginning to wish I had held out and saved more money so that I could have bought an Axe FX111. I love my AX8 but think the FX111 could be on the wish list for the future.
Keep on rockin' and stay safe.
Brett
You too my friend! I will say that I LOVED the AX8 too - and if someone said I had to go back to it from the the III, I wouldn't be like "oh man ,that sucks" cause it's an amazing piece of gear. I like the III for the I/O flexibility, and with the increased power, I feel that it does sound and feel better than the AX8 though, and much easier to do things on the unit itself as opposed to always NEEDING Ax Edit (for me anyway).

Back
Top Bottom