PCM-70!

Ernie Echo

Does anybody know the exact parameters of the famous concert hall reverb? And would be so kind to print them here?

Thank you.
I am only interested in the Reverb settings, not the Delays.
Found an old post by FA from 2009 (below).
What would the exact settings be for the Axe III?

I bought a PCM70 for comparison purposes. I'm able to replicate the famous Concert Hall reverb with these parameters:

Type: Large Hall
Time: 2.92s
Size: 60.2
Color: 6.02
Lo Cut: 20 Hz
Hi Cut: 9510 Hz
Input Diffusion: 44.9%
Diffusion Time: 42.9%
Wall Diffusion: 100%
Echo Density: 0
Pre Delay: 7.9 ms
Early Delay: 0.0%
Early Level: -16.6 dB
Reverb Level: -1.0 dB
Mod Depth: 35.8%
Mod Rate: 0.369 Hz

The sound is virtually indistinguishable to my ears. I measured the frequency response and it's almost identical.

Isn’t the already available Concert Hall reverb type modeled after the PCM?

Type: Large Hall
Time: 2.92s
Size: 60.2
Color: 6.02
Lo Cut: 20 Hz
Hi Cut: 9510 Hz
Input Diffusion: 44.9%
Diffusion Time: 42.9%
Wall Diffusion: 100%
Echo Density: 0
Pre Delay: 7.9 ms
Early Delay: 0.0%
Early Level: -16.6 dB
Reverb Level: -1.0 dB
Mod Depth: 35.8%
Mod Rate: 0.369 Hz

I think these settings are from a previous firmware prior to the latest revisions to the reverb algo .... The settings above are almost identical to the current PCM70 preset, but there's a couple parameters above that aren't used any longer ( ie; color, etc; ) ....

I think these settings are from a previous firmware prior to the latest revisions to the reverb algo .... The settings above are almost identical to the current PCM70 preset, but there's a couple parameters above that aren't used any longer ( ie; color, etc; ) ....
Thanks I will check out the current preset parameters. I typed in the parameters above (as far as available) yesterday and it was actually the first kind of reverb I liked when putting the Axe in front of a real combo amp...

Sorry for bothering, but I never use factory presets and deleted them all...:)
Now I reloaded them and the PCM70 Hall parameters are in fact quite different to the ones mentioned above (based on old reverb algorithm)...

Back
Top Bottom