PC Reset value... can it be set via Axe-Edit?

ectoplasm88

Inspired
I've only been able to successfully set the PC Reset value when editing the preset on the hardware. Am I missing something via Axe-Edit? You can toggle the value on/off on the modifier screen. I had assumed I would then be able to either manually edit the value or if I saved the preset it would just set the reset to whatever the position was when I saved. Sure would be nice to have a box for this on the modifier screen.

I just started to work with the modifier PC Reset functions. I cannot get them to work as expected either. I have the PC Reset function enabled on the modifier screen and also have "Scene Revert" enabled in the General Setup. No luck. The values always reflect the position of my expression pedal and not the saved values when changing scenes. Maybe I am missing something but it appears to not be functioning.

You can set PC Reset to on/off on both the hardware and in AE. The only possible values are on/off.

PC Reset means that when the device receives a MIDI Program Change (switches presets), the value of the parameter is reset to its stored setting. You don't dial in the setting to store in the modifier menu, but by adjusting the parameter and then saving the preset.

If you want your exp.pedal position to be carried over to the next preset, set PC Reset to off.

PC Reset is not meant to control the bypass state of the block (with exceptions).

Scene Revert however is meant to do that, and only that. Scene Revert does not control thinks like the state of your exp.pedal. It just tells the device whether to remember the current bypass state of blocks or not, when switching between scenes.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/...ol_Switches#PC_RST_.28Program_Change_Reset.29

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Scenes#Scene_Revert

@yek After setting the PC Reset to "On" it tried to get the modifier value to save as you stated just by adjusting with the pedal but I couldn't get it to stick. When I dialed it in via the AxeFx front panel buttons/menus/dials it did seem to work. The options to set the modifier value is there. I'll try again as the possibility of operator error is definitely not out of the question. Thanks for the feedback!

Man I still can't get this to work... I'm trying to get a preset to save the volume at 5 and it is always back at 10. I have PC reset on and value at 5, save, flip to another preset then back and volume is on 10. I haven't messed around with this for a few firmware versions... I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I have the same exact problem, new AxeFX user here. Seems like this issue hasn't been addressed for years.

Back
Top Bottom