PC connectivity issues

Wildwind

Experienced
Sorry for the post - I'm looking hard for answers, but am out of time.

I did an HD switch on my PC (running Win 7) and had to re-install the Fractal drivers. And I think I may have installed too much and don't know to fix it - but I don't remember seeing those options. I just said "yes" to everything.

Afterwards, the USB interface worked fine, but as long as the Axe was turned on, I had no sound to my speakers. Turn off the Axe and sound returned. So in Windows I turned off the driver in the Sound section, hoping to not lose the USB interface.

But I did and now I can't connect - AE says "disconnected." Speakers are working.

I assume the re-install set the Axe up as my sound card, but I don't want that.

So - how can I get the Axe to connect to AE and still get sound? I'm still messing with this, but need a quick answer if anyone is out there. This "device as soundcard" thing has always thrown me.

Thanks!!

Uninstalling old drivers (all 3) and installing the latest driver did not work. I did get a message of failure, but then it said "success."

But Axe isn't connecting. Speakers are still working.

I had trouble some time ago getting the drivers to cooperate...hated to mess with it, hoping the latest drivers (mine were a previous version) would take hold.

Back to work.

Windows said Fractal stuff was not loaded, reloaded. Now I can connected. And now no sound from speakers. I didn't do anything different I didn't do before.

So I assume the Axe has taken over the sound card duties. How can I revert back to my "real" soundcard? The only thing USB I'm doing is Axe-Edit, Bot, etc. I'm not recording with it.

Back to the lab...

Back
Top Bottom