PC based MIDI control over AxeFX

So folks, I have a silly little midi controller that I thought I would try out with the AxeFX(II XL+) called a guitar wing by Livid. Anyways I have my PC, midi via USB to Axe Edit and midi via usb from my guitar wing. All I need to do now (I think - I hope - maybe??) is to route the Midi Out from the Guitar wing USB to the USB Midi In for the AxeFX. Hey, maybe I could even use a channel so that both the axe edit and other controller can run at the same time. Just wanted to throw the question out there, given that Livid's tech support won't respond till Monday. Because we could be havin' 48 hours of fun in the meantime...

I think you might be able to use MIDI-OX and then connect the MIDI Out of the Guitar Wing to MIDI In of the Axe-Fx. There's a menu item in MIDI-OX that shows the signal routing and allows you to connect sources to destinations. I'm on an Apple lap-top right now so I can't remember exactly.

gFMVE1T.jpg

So I have to admit I find Midi-Ox intimidating, but thanks for the quick reply! I shall try to learn the midi protocol and ox and let you know how it goes. I do see the routing thing which you speak of, I just need to see some midi fly through the wires and maybe, who knows, it shall work? Btw, is there as particular channel you use for midi? That is, if I set using the lcd screen the midi to channel 1 from the menu in I/O, will this refer only to the ports on the back, or is that what the Axe Edit communicates over? I just am trying to avoid a conflict. (It seems like Axe Edit uses the midi ports, given the preferences screen, but you may use your own back door channel, and therefore I do not want to select that one!)

Thanks for your help,

Rik

Yay! Got it working. Thanks for the suggestion for midi-ox.

I would love to know how you got it to work and what you've on using it for. Are you by chance controlling an amp's Bass, Mid, Treble, etc etc. with the guitar wing?

I have an Akai LPD-8 (another MIDI via USB controller) that I've been trying to use to control parameters on my Axe FX 2.

Back
Top Bottom