Fixed PC and DAW audio glitches and goes out of tune with digital artifacts every 10-15 seconds

james...

Experienced
On 1.05 on USB, every 10-15 seconds that I play back audio, I get a bunch of crackle and the audio that pitches out of tune for a couple of seconds.

If I record audio, I also have this occur on top of my recorded audio as well.

On 1.05 on USB, every 10-15 seconds that I play back audio, I get a bunch of crackle and the audio that pitches out of tune for a couple of seconds.

Same here on 1.05 FW's USB audio playback, weird sound quality and crackles every few seconds.
Dunno about recorded USB audio, haven't tried.

I am having this issue as well.

That's why I asked (in the other thread). Seems Windows-specific indeed.
Does everyone who's experiencing issues, use default buffer settings on the hardware?

Does everyone who's experiencing issues, use default buffer settings on the hardware?
I've tried every buffer setting. The issue is always there regardless of buffer size.

I am on Mac Catalina (FM3 FW 1.05) and had also some crackles
I am really not sure it is what you guys experienced but when playing a backing track and playing guitar on top of it i had crackles
Without playing guitar it’s was ok
Guitar only was also ok
But both together Was the issue
I then look d at the clip led on output1 and saw it was clipping
I reduced the USB level in FM3 settings and I was back to normal
Same preset and backing track on FW1.04 did not clip

again it might be not the issue you are seeing on windows but wanted to share just in case

I am on Mac Catalina (FM3 FW 1.05) and had also some crackles
I am really not sure it is what you guys experienced but when playing a backing track and playing guitar on top of it i had crackles
Without playing guitar it’s was ok
Guitar only was also ok
But both together Was the issue
I then look d at the clip led on output1 and saw it was clipping
I reduced the USB level in FM3 settings and I was back to normal
Same preset and backing track on FW1.04 did not clip

again it might be not the issue you are seeing on windows but wanted to share just in case
What we are hearing is not clipping. It's digital artifacts and slowdowns.

Is no one in the beta test team a Windows 10 user? Or does this only happen for some?

I just tested it out and I have the same problem here (Windows 10). Garbled audio on recording, but not on playback of existing tracks. I didn't have the issue on 1.04.

I am having this issue - 1.05 into a MacBook Pro running Logic 9. Also tested using Ableton and same issue. Have tried multiple buffer sizes, clock sync methods and nothing affects the issue. I did not try the digital outs on 1.04 so I don’t know if the issue was there prior to 1.05.

Back
Top Bottom