Fixed PC and DAW audio glitches and goes out of tune with digital artifacts every 10-15 seconds

Just to clarify, in my case the issue appeared on every preset I tried.
thanks,
random
This is the case for me as well. It doesn't matter what preset I'm on or if I'm just listening to a backing track. It happens with any audio going through the unit.

I am on Mac Catalina (FM3 FW 1.05) and had also some crackles
I am really not sure it is what you guys experienced but when playing a backing track and playing guitar on top of it i had crackles
Without playing guitar it’s was ok
Guitar only was also ok
But both together Was the issue
I then look d at the clip led on output1 and saw it was clipping
I reduced the USB level in FM3 settings and I was back to normal
Same preset and backing track on FW1.04 did not clip

again it might be not the issue you are seeing on windows but wanted to share just in case

Reporting that I’m having some glitches also randomly on reaper when recording.

Joker how do you reduce the usb level?

I’m having huge problems with reaper (it’s the only daw I use)

When opening and using fm3 as usb interface the tempo light immediately starts blinking randomly or not blinking at all. Then the footswitches stops working (sometimes completely, some others the strip lines stop showing the scenes/fx names)... the unit keeps sounding and I can navigate it with the buttons. Fm3 Edit then gets slow and sometimes stop responding.

I’m also having random glitches recorded.

Anybody that uses reaper can check the tempo led thing?

Reporting that I’m having some glitches also randomly on reaper when recording.

Joker how do you reduce the usb level?
I went to setup menu on the hardware and then to IO and page to USB And adjusted the level
Tu am not in front of the unit so I hope above is accurate
Be careful however s there is a bug that when you turn the button it might jump to very high value or low value instantly
So turn the button very very slowly

Thanks, @random. We were able to reproduce it so please disregard the preset request.
Would it be possible to get an update or ETA on this issue? Can you confirm that the SPDIF out is also affected and related? The unit is not functional as an interface for me at this point and I am trying to figure out if I'm going to buy a third party interface to get around this (I sold my interface when I bought the FM3). Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to get an update or ETA on this issue? Can you confirm that the SPDIF out is also affected and related? The unit is not functional as an interface for me at this point and I am trying to figure out if I'm going to buy a third party interface to get around this (I sold my interface when I bought the FM3). Any information on you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Apologies for the delay. I don't have more information for you at this time.

I experienced the same issue but using another USB-port on the PC has cured the problem. (FW 1.05 and WIndows 10)...... very strange!

I'm also having this issue on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5 with Logic Pro X. Buffer is set as big as possible in Logic and sample rate is 48 kHz.

I'm having the same issues. Macbook Pro, Catalina, Logic Pro X. Even audio for YouTube videos and streaming music start to clip. Also, in Logic, the software instruments end up out of sync--e.g., drum tracks begin falling behind in tempo. My II XL+ had no issues like this at all.

Regardless of the present, I'm using, I'm having the same issues as described above. At first, I thought it was my cable, then I tried different ones and the crackling noises are still present from time to time. I use the FM with the USB and directly into my LogicProX to record with it.

Back
Top Bottom