Paul Kossoff

SpudMan

Inspired
My FM3 arrives next week and one sound I am looking for is the tone Paul Kossoff has on the Free album Fire and Water. Specifically songs like Oh I Wept. Is anyone familiar with this, and/or does anyone have a preset for his sound? Thanks!

Hi , love a bit of pauls guitar, I play all right now and just use a Brit pre preset which is a preset from when I first got my axe fx ii , since then transfered it to fm3 but I'm sure there is a Brit pre preset in the standard presets that will be close to the mark.
Cheers
G \../

I use a Plexi 100w with little tweaks to get the Plexi Super Bass tone going which is the Amp Kossoff used.

Plexi 100w High
No Bright Cap (but more Treble and Presence dialed in)
more Negative Feedback up from 5.77 to around 8

Edit: Do not forget to lower the Master Volume even a smidge from 10 to 9.60 - 9.90 which helps to open up the tone andget rid off the thicknes in the Bass with a LP, and use the Amp Block passive 8 Band EQ to get rid of excessive lower mids 250-500.

For IR Greenbacks G12H55 or G12M55

On a side note, thats a killer early Hendrix 67-69 preset at the same time

Hi , love a bit of pauls guitar, I play all right now and just use a Brit pre preset which is a preset from when I first got my axe fx ii , since then transfered it to fm3 but I'm sure there is a Brit pre preset in the standard presets that will be close to the mark.
Cheers
G \../
Thanks, check out Oh I Wept also. Funny that All Right Now is what most people know. It is a great tune, but there are several other great ones on that album that aren't well known.

I use a Plexi 100w with little tweaks to get the Plexi Super Bass tone going which is the Amp Kossoff used.

Plexi 100w High
No Bright Cap (but more Treble and Presence dialed in)
more Negative Feedback up from 5.77 to around 8

Edit: Do not forget to lower the Master Volume even a smidge from 10 to 9.60 - 9.90 which helps to open up the tone andget rid off the thicknes in the Bass with a LP, and use the Amp Block passive 8 Band EQ to get rid of excessive lower mids 250-500.

For IR Greenbacks G12H55 or G12M55

On a side note, thats a killer early Hendrix 67-69 preset at the same time
Very helpful. I look forward to next week and getting my FM3. I will try this out right away and post back my results.

Thanks, check out Oh I Wept also. Funny that All Right Now is what most people know. It is a great tune, but there are several other great ones on that album that aren't well known.

I tend to look for backing tracks for songs I learn, found a fire and water track but the solo is mental lol . Need to really work that one.
Need more backing tracks lol

My FM3 arrives next week and one sound I am looking for is the tone Paul Kossoff has on the Free album Fire and Water. Specifically songs like Oh I Wept. Is anyone familiar with this, and/or does anyone have a preset for his sound? Thanks!
A HUGE part of this tone, besides the man, its the pickups. Getting that nasal woody tone is essential to have a good pair of PAF repro set.

Back
Top Bottom