Paul Gilbert jumped out with Quantum!

Cobrango

Power User
So I installed Quantum, decided to just backup my presets and install the factory presets to see how they sounded. they sounded very good! So I got to preset number 147 called "Crawling in the dark" and something struck me like, hey.. this sounds tight, kind of like.. Paul Gilbert! So i got rid of the phaser and flanger, played with the master volume, added the enhancer, melt faces, master volume 2.5 (there's a lot of character in the master volume in this preset!) from tight and fuzzy to not so tight and rounder, so I found a nice middle ground, added a drive block.

Later I looked at the cab and found out that the F061: 4x12 Fractal V30 AT4047 was a big part of the Paul Gilbert character. So I added sm57 and md421, stereo cab with the Full OD drive block and BOOM, this happened:

The guitar is an 27" Ibanez rg2228 with DiMarzio PAF 8s, bridge pickup w/split engaged. I'm also using the same pick as Paul Gilbert - the Dunlop tortex TIII (orange) 0.60mm. D'addario NYXL 08|38 strings :)

bare in mind that this is just the sound of the preset, no post processing going on, not even a limiter. I just turned up the volume and made sure it wasn't clipping anywhere. With some added reverb, bass guitar, drums, etc. this could be really Scarified sounding. What cha think? The riff is not perfect but the tone is quite good I think :D

I'll post the preset if I see some excitement

...aaaaaand here's the PRESET :) http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3669

This is the reference sound, Racer x - Scarified:

Last edited:
thank you all, I hope you like the preset. search for "Cobrango" on axechange, I've got 54 presets and 1 cab on there. Peace and vegetables!

Back
Top Bottom