Paul Gilbert is god (as if we didn't know that already)

MrGuitarabuse

Fractal Fanatic
Came across this on the interweb
FANTASTIC

I am an 80s rock guy, but at that time never "bonded" with PG, but these days, he is the best ever... EVER... did I say EVER.. kind of guy and teacher.

Any of you guys signed up for his online classes? good? bad? feedback, thanks.

I just want to sign up because he seems like an awesome guy

please stop me ;)

Great guy.

Some of that Racer X stuff was at truly silly speeds. And Mr Big where Billy would actually mirror some of those stooopid fast runs he did.

In my top 2 for him was the little acoustic solo in 'Just to be with you'. It fit perfectly and was fun to play.

Holy shit!
How long has this been going on?.
Thanks
Pauly

Came across this on the interweb
FANTASTIC

I am an 80s rock guy, but at that time never "bonded" with PG, but these days, he is the best ever... EVER... did I say EVER.. kind of guy and teacher.

Any of you guys signed up for his online classes? good? bad? feedback, thanks.

I just want to sign up because he seems like an awesome guy

please stop me ;)

Phenomenal educator and his stuff with Racer X up until the third Mr big album is untouchable IMO. I'm not the biggest fan of his solo albums or his more modern tones/playing but I do have a massive amount of respect for the fact he's evolved and changed as a player.

That acoustic solo in "To be with you" is a masterpiece too!

"It's hard not to meander..."

I love this guy!

"Be with you"...yeah, Paul explains the solo here:

Last edited:
He is awesome - I have learned a great deal from him when he used to have his columns in Premier Guitar I think it was ??
Anyway - class act - AND he lives in Portland. I keep hoping to run across him at some point, somewhere...

It always killed me that his pinky is like 6 inches long and he could probably play bar chords with his thumb!

My favorite player, and has been for years. Also, his pinky is longer than all my fingers combined. I envy that pinky pretty badly every time I have to play anything above 12th fret on the low E string.

Back
Top Bottom