Paul Gilbert Cover - "Blues for Rabbit"

Saw him live a few months ago.. used Marshall 1/2 stack . Nice to see him on board with the AxeFx

I don't believe Paul is using the Axe FX III but rather the person who made the video covering the song is.

Last I checked, Paul was using a Kemper along with his "real" amps.

I can see the corner of it with input leds active in frame with him.

Edit: I thought he was the only one with a black shirt - I believe you're right.

I first met him at GIT. I later signed up for some lessons at Artistworks. He's one of those guys that is a true music fan. Those are the players I dig. No matter the level of success of fame, a true music fan for life is where it's at.

I first met him at GIT. I later signed up for some lessons at Artistworks. He's one of those guys that is a true music fan. Those are the players I dig. No matter the level of success of fame, a true music fan for life is where it's at.
How did you like the lessons on Artist Works?

For Paul's school he has a video course that lays the ground work for everything (chords, harmony, scales, technique etc). Beginner to intermediate although more advanced players could still pull some nuggets from those videos.

I really enjoyed the one on one video exchanges. You submit a video of what you want to work on and he gets back to you with a video. Turn around is usually about a week (if I recall correctly - I could be wrong - it's been a while). In the mean time you have access to all video exchanges which have a wealth of information. He's very attentive to what you want to learn in the exchanges and always has a great way of teaching.

What a player .... I love him in all his encarnations: shredder, hair rock, blues .... he is the man

I've been on his site since he started Artistworks in 2012. You won't regret his teaching. Make sure you stomp to whatever material you send him. He loves a good foot stomp! If you get on his site look me up. Kdog User name. I'm gonna ask him right now about the AXE 3. And I'll report back when he answers.

Paul said he used a Marshal Bluesbreaker 2x12 and pedals for all the recordings. Not sure who was using the Axe 3.

Back
Top Bottom