Paul Gilbert… WTF…

Shahar

Experienced
As much as I love my Fractal, I just heard the clip below, Paul is playing a Double Bass (or Cello?) through some distortion pedal (probably his JHS OD pedal) and it sounds great! At his level, tone doesn’t mean shit, he can slay on pretty much anything. And here I am with my measly little skills playing through arguably the greatest tone machine available and I cannot hold a candle to him.

Last edited:
At first I thought this might be a legit live take but then I realized a lot of it is dubbed with a fretted bass. Some of the slides are smooth but the consistent tone makes me think that those could have just been a fretless bass that's similar to the fretted one.

Ha ha I saw this on facebook this evening as well. Made me feel good, brought back memories of his 90"s instruction videos. Good times.

I got to hang with Paul a couple of times and I can assure you that these kind of things will happen eventually if you leave Paul unsupervised for too long. He is a beautiful person! Only a matter of time before he will be attacking that double bass with a power drill if nobody intervenes......

Back
Top Bottom