Patiently waiting for 9.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mortega76 said:
On the faster patch change Cliff never said it was going to be "no sound cut between presets using the same grid"... If I remember correctly he said he got it down from 25-30ms (?) down to 10ms.
Found the post :
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10198&p=98376#p98376
Now, that was on the 2 october, by then he said he would look into it, but after that, when he talked about the upcoming firmware, he didn't mentioned the "not sound cut"… Only him knows ;)

shredi knight said:
Well, looks like the SLO Cliff was waiting on finally arrived, so we're one step closer to 9.0: :D

(From Rig-Talk.com)

So the SLO 100 is, well, LOUD!!!!

cliffc8488 said:
Holy sh*t what a loud amp. I was told you need to get the master up to around 7 before it really sings. I couldn't get it above 3 without cracking the foundation.
I used to be in a band that had a Soldano endorsement. We had four of those with eight cabs. Let's just say during tour rehearsals we had to mic the drums. The drummer actually couldn't hear himself anymore :D

VegaBaby said:
shredi knight said:
Well, looks like the SLO Cliff was waiting on finally arrived, so we're one step closer to 9.0: :D

(From Rig-Talk.com)

So the SLO 100 is, well, LOUD!!!!

cliffc8488 said:
Holy sh*t what a loud amp. I was told you need to get the master up to around 7 before it really sings. I couldn't get it above 3 without cracking the foundation.
I used to be in a band that had a Soldano endorsement. We had four of those with eight cabs. Let's just say during tour rehearsals we had to mic the drums. The drummer actually couldn't hear himself anymore :D

:shock:

VegaBaby said:

I bet my drummer could hear himself :roll: :lol:

shredi knight said:

:eek: well the cats out of the bag, now the real inpatient page refreshing begins lol :twisted:

rsf1977 said:
shredi knight said:

:eek: well the cats out of the bag, now the real inpatient page refreshing begins lol :twisted:
From reading the thread at the gear page it looks like Cliff bought one off of eBay and the guys sold him one that has a bad hum on the lead channel... After Cliff changing out tubes and such he finally had an amp guru take a look at it and it looks like the original owner ran the incorrect tubes and fried something in the amp and Cliff notified the seller and he's giving Cliff the whole "you're just trying to rip me off" routine.

theaero said:
Cliff said he changed the spillover delay for 8.10.... not 9.0.

:oops: :oops: :(
There is still no official word on whether we're going to be gifted with 8.10, 8.11, or even 9.0... this is all just speculation. The thread should read... patiently waiting, for 8.10 or 9.0? A couple of weeks ago I was checking the Downloads section at least 20 times a day... my F5 key almost fell off!!!! I've since calmed down a lot.

to me it sounds like 9.0 with everything that's changing but it also doesn't matter it could be called Axe-Fx "Panther" for all i care just let me have it hahah :lol:

I think it's going to be a Christmas present. Cliff is going to bring all of us some holiday cheer with a new release of 9.0 on Christmas Eve. What a wonderful holiday this will be!!!

I can wish...

Seriously, with the last few announcements about the new changes, this is bound to guarantee many hours of thrills and fun experimenting with the new functions and features. It's like trading in your deluxe processor for a super deluxe processor, and it's free, like a gift! :D

Stephen Cole - satisfied customer

Not christmas Eve, Unless it's late, I have a gig Christmas eve and would be too tempting to update. :lol:

But a christmas release with a load of surprises like new amps etc, wouldn't that be a nice touch?

Come on, he's been teasing us for weeks - it's getting sadistic by now! :lol:

Scott Peterson said:
[quote="www.Fo.com":1r9im4l8]Maybe he'll give us an ETA.

Maybe not. He doesn't work that way. It's done when it is done. :D[/quote:1r9im4l8]

+1.

What a great time to practice!

While I'm not really locked in on this one way or another, had a dream last night that he released this today.

But honestly, I'm too happy playing, so don't need it....yet.

Add a completely rewritten UniVibe to the list!!! :cool: :cool:
The Vibe model has been completely rewritten for the upcoming firmware. A really cool feature is the new "Bulb Bias" parameter. You can adjust the quiescent current of the virtual light bulb to control how "lumpy" the sweep is.
There may be lots of bugs turning up with all this new stuff, so I'd release it as 8.99 or 8.98 :p ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom