Patches

Okay, then set it up so Scene 1 goes to your amp's clean channel, Scene 2 goes to the Crunch channel, scene 3 goes to the Lead channel.

Next, setup the F-switches to give you access to Sticky Scene mode. If your F-switches are currently defaults, It probably makes the most sense to set F1 tap to STICKY SCENE. You do that by:

Press SETUP, and go to the GLOBAL menu
Go to the FUNCTIONS page
Use NAV and VALUE keys to set F1 (Scene) Tap to STICKY SCENE
Exit the menu

Now when you tap F1, the F1 LED should blink. If you select Footswitch 1, the FX8 should be on Scene one and the amp should be on the clean channel. When you select Footswitch 2, the FX8 should go to Scene 2 and the amp should change to Crunch channel. Same for Footswitch 3/Scene 3/Lead channel.

I think that's about as far as I made it where I got confused. Where should I be setting these up at? IN P1, A1? In the default scene 1 location? I did so (edited a clean channel) in a blank preset and nothing happened.

When you say "Where should I be setting these up at," I'm assuming you mean the F-switches. For those it doesn't matter; they are global settings and will apply to the unit all the time no matter what preset or scene you're on.

I am new to the Fractal line, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post. I understand the request above and have a similar question. Watching Ola Englund describe his 2016 live rig on you tube, he has set his AX8 to 4 presets on the top row and 4 scenes on the bottom row....(switches 1 thru 8) is this possible to do with an FX8 ? thanks in advance

I am new to the Fractal line, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post. I understand the request above and have a similar question. Watching Ola Englund describe his 2016 live rig on you tube, he has set his AX8 to 4 presets on the top row and 4 scenes on the bottom row....(switches 1 thru 8) is this possible to do with an FX8 ? thanks in advance
Yes.

Thanks Rex, are there instructions on this topic somewhere on the fractal site?
Read the part of the manual that talks about footswitches. Once you know how to set up footswitches, your question will answer itself. :)

Thanks again, I read that section prior to posting and did not see clear instructions ..I will read it again

Page 35:

The Manual said:
PROGRAMMING A FOOTSWITCH...

Remember, footswitch assignments do not change which blocks are in the preset. If you think of the FX8 like a separate processor and controller, these assignments would represent only the controller portion, while the processor itself would be the Config page (p. 28).

- From the main Footswitch Page, turn NAV to select the desired footswitch (or just press the switch!)

- Turn the VALUE knob to scroll through the list of available things to control. If the footswitch is set (as it is by default) to "PER-PRESET" only those effects actually placed on the current grid are available. If the footswitch is set to "GLOBAL" (see below) then ALL effects will be available—but the switch will be disabled unless the block it is assigned to control is present in the current preset.

- Press ENTER to assign the effect or press EXIT to cancel.

Back
Top Bottom