Patches with Two amps

belfast

Inspired
Hi all
Heard a patch some time ago with two different amps but cant mind there seems to be very few in the Axe exchange, any good advice what to look for.
I would be after Bluesy og classic rock tone...
even hint how to select the best suiteable ones..

Cheers S. Kelly

There a several of the stock presets that use dual amps, start with those.

Try different combinations of amps and cabs until you find something that sounds good

No rules, just right

havent really found any that is panned hard Left and right, the few there is don´t seem to be running in stereo
found Backline and a few others, (should there be two Cabs and two shunts to the output) before i cant get the stereo amping...?

HI Belfast. I run all of my presets with two amps panned hard left and right. My favorite combinations these days are:

Clean/Edge of Breakup: Fender Deluxe Reverb Normal and Vox AC30 Brt
Blues/ Classic stuff: Same as above with more preamp gain.
Vox AC30 TB and Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30 TB and Fender Bassman
Rock: Plexi 50 and Recto 1 Org Mdn
Plexi 50 and USA Lead

I try to stick with amps I've owned or spent a decent amount of time with. Saves on the learning curve. I will post some presets shortly.

havent really found any that is panned hard Left and right, the few there is don´t seem to be running in stereo
found Backline and a few others, (should there be two Cabs and two shunts to the output) before i cant get the stereo amping...?

If you want them panned hard and right, then turn a knob and pan them hard right and left.......

It literally takes longer to post a message on this forum that it does to configure two amps the way you want in the Axe

I built a preset a few years ago using the Marshall Silver Jubilee and the Two Stone (clean). I like the Silver Jubilee on the top end and bottom end, but to my ears it looses something in the mids, so I added the Two Stone and just brought it up enough to balance the Jubilee. As I recall I used a 4x12 on the Jubilee and the Oval on the Two Stone. I added a 500ms delay to thicken it up and it rocks. I have two versions each eq'd a little differently. One is eq'd for my single coil guitars and the other is eq'd for humbuckers.

I pan both the amps and the cab block. The pan knobs are in the last screen of the amp block. Pan amp one left and amp two right. Then, in the cab block, the first IR is for amp one, the second for amp two. Take those two speakers and pan them hard left and right. Make sense?

Do I need to be using two outs to get this to sound interesting? In other words can I get this to sound interesting using a mono setup?

Right now I'm trying to setup a digital stereo sound in my headphones. (I'm using the headphone output) it sounds great but I'm not really getting one amp to my left and the other to my right. Any tips on getting this to work?

Hi all
Heard a patch some time ago with two different amps but cant mind there seems to be very few in the Axe exchange, any good advice what to look for.
I would be after Bluesy og classic rock tone...
even hint how to select the best suiteable ones..

Cheers S. Kelly
Search my name in Axe Exchange. There are quite a few although they are from pre-quantum so I don't know how well they translate anymore without some tweaking: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/s...rch=dr+bonkers&fields=all&products=0&setups=0

Why do you want it be panned?

I am experimenting with dual amp setup for bluesy blues/rock tones. Hendrix, Srv, Clapton, Mayer, Freischlader.
My idea is to mix a clean amp (typical fenderish) with a dirty amp(fond of plexi/jtm45), to give me a crunch tone that is dirty/compressed, but with the clean transparicy.
In this case will panning make sense?

Trial and error until you get something you like.
You can go for one amp set clean or almost clean and one set for more drive/gain and blend those two.
You can also set one amp for a certain EQ (say more treble content) and the other for more low end, etc.
Those are the two ways I would blend real amps in the past. I've never been much for running things in stereo, so I don't do the stereo thing typically. I tend to just use one amp though in the Axe FX, and maybe blend a couple of IR's together to get the EQ I'm after.

Back
Top Bottom