Patches sound weak after upgrade to 7.01

@Sonofiam
I felt like his reply to my first post was extremely condescending. And I replyed in kind. When I pointed out as much his best effort was more of the same with "oh please". Am I missing something here?
I appreciate your thoughtful reply but if tge guy is a MOD he really should have a better handle on himself.

Learn not to "feel" text over the web, and you will be much happier online. :)

There was nothing condescending in any of his text except maybe the "do what you want" remark, but even that's pushing it.

Doesn't really seem like the kind of participation I would expect from a "moderator". But you'll have to live with the appearance you make of yourself.
Thanks for making the fourm a warm and equitable place.

Perhaps a look in the mirror is in order? Chris has helped literally hundreds of user over the years and has a well deserved excellent reputation (appearance) around these parts. Offering up opinions based on years of experience with the products and suggesting approaches to whatever issues are at hand is not trolling.

You guys that say "Listen and reprogram with the new firmware", how many presets do you maintain? I run one preset per song, and I just updated 40 presets some using x/y on the amp blocks, so I have soft reset a total of 61 amp settings, even when I just take a screen shot of the basic page, reset, and set input trim, master volume, presence, bright/fat/cut switch, it takes more than two minutes per amp. If I had to redo it by ear, it would take much longer, and my levels would probably be all over the place. Now the levels are just a little off.

On an AxeFX, this is much easier, since you can run fewer presets, and you have global blocks. If I had three global amp blocks, I could probably get by using only those, and that would make it sooo much faster to update. You can to some extent use the block library, but it still takes a long time, and not having the global amp block does not instill the same amount of discipline.

Don't know what's happening but I also have less output volume and less input too...
Input level led is just blinking green..
till last firmware it had a few red picks strumming hard...
I also made a reset in system parameters before upgrading..
The output level is the same according to the horizontal vu meter in the preset page...
But the signal appears to be lower than before...

If you reset system parameters, the input pad will reset as well. Also, with an earlier firmware the pad default was changed from 6 dB to 12 dB, so if you were running 6 dB before, you might be running 12 dB now.

Yep noticed a drop in volume of the preset after update to 7.0 and 7.01, but after soft reset everything is back to normal and ready to rock.
Outstanding customer support FA!

Yep noticed a drop in volume of the preset after update to 7.0 and 7.01, but after soft reset everything is back to normal and ready to rock.

By soft reset do you mean select another amp/reselect the choosen again?

If you reset system parameters, the input pad will reset as well. Also, with an earlier firmware the pad default was changed from 6 dB to 12 dB, so if you were running 6 dB before, you might be running 12 dB now.

Do you think it's better to stay with the new default or go back to 6db?
I noticed i geto no red blink... i cannot tell if it's affecting the sound in any way...

Is it recommended to install the update as I'm completely stupid to resetting shit and I'm happy with my sounds as they are?

Is it recommended to install the update as I'm completely stupid to resetting shit and I'm happy with my sounds as they are
You can always update, try it out and revert back if you feel it wasn't worth it.

There are some good improvements and additions that are usually worth checking out.

I spent literally 3 minutes with each pre set once the amp was re selected. I was able to drop the MV a skosh then bring up the bass and in some the depth as well with certain amps that with previous FW's it would have been way too flubby. The result: pre sets are clearer, fatter, bigger, more 3D -did you get the point that I dig it?

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Sorry I'm late to participating but here we go.....

I do think there is a noticeable difference in the new firmware but in a good way. did you try resetting the amp block? As far as less meat or umph, I do not feel like that is the case for me. I know in beta there were some issues with the wrong cab being set on presets. Is there any chance your cab selection has gotten changed some how?

Thanks Brian. I believe I hear the clarity you mention but something has happened to the "meat" in my presets. Most of my stuff is based on the Cameron models combined with cab 147 (Celestian Black Backs) and something is just missing.

I had to reset cabs also in some prests. Mainly user presets.

Thanks Javier - I wish that made a difference but it didn't for me.

Did you do the de-select/re-select amp thing? If so, did you observe your master volume, presence, input trim and switches. They may all have been reset, causing a major change to your tone.

Thanks Smittefar - yes I have switched the amps back and forth and have taken note particularly of the bright switch as I use that as a toggle function in my presets. While I have noticed that this makes a big difference with my presets, it hasn't had a positive effect.

Definitely reset the amp block in all of your presets if you have not done that already.

Some people have said that the amp block output is a little lower with Q7. Try increasing your levels a bit.

Thanks ethomas1013 - Done. And the results were not awesome. Thus my dilemma. I have re-tuned the levels a bit but it still feels like the "meat" of my presets is just missing.

Thanks Smittefar - I haven't taken a look at the input pad so that's definitely worth looking at. Is that a global parameter?

Thanks blues-freak - I wish that was my experience! This is the most heavily invested I've ever been in my preset library and I totally got whacked by this firmware upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom