"Patchbay"

hole

Inspired
Hey, I think this is the most appropriate forum?

Made a Patchbay taking all the connectors from the back of my Ultra to make them easily accessible. (Left out the rear input)

DSC_2783.jpg

It works like a charm, and makes my life quite a bit easier (as I normally have the rack with the back lid closed, standing on the floor (on it's back)

The labels are going to be replaced by Dymo-made labels, but didn't have a labeler here.

Good job Hole. Would like that too, but I want to keep the rack as small as possible.

Yeah, That looks good, and very handy.
I've been scratching my head at gigs a few times when I did not hook it up right because of light :lol

Jens

Looks good! I'm planning something similar as well but will probably use a 1HU panel with 16 holes.

HI,

I got the all the parts with an online electronics store. The panel and connectors are made by either Procab or Neutrik. Procab is cheaper than neutrik, but (in my experience) just as good. Only got the neutriks if Procab didn't have the stuff I needed (for the Powercon for example). For jacks and plugs I used all neutrik. The screws and nuts (for attaching) I got from the hardware-store.

For the cables I used generic mic-wire (had it lying around), just twisted the two cores together. Works perfectly. If you make sure you have decent shielding and don't buy the wire too thin, you don't need the expensive brands.

My "break-out-box" for phantom powering my FCB is connected to midi in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom