Patch Setup Questions

michaiel

Could someone chime in and help me setup this signal chain.
I want 2 amps
Clean
Overdrive
I want to use an expression pedal to fade between the two amps
I want the xlr for FOH
I want the aux for going to the amp on stage.
I wanted to include a pic but the "board attachment quota has been reached" message keeps occuring when i try to upload the pic.
thanks
michaiel

There are many examples of such routing, but here is a quick screen shot showing how you would typically do it.

Note that there are many ways to do it, this is just one of those ways. In this example, the mixer block is used to fade in and out the two different amps, to accomplish your objective of using an expression to fade from clean to overdrive. I assume you know how to use the mixer block, and how to assign your expression pedal to the mixer's levels. Another assumption in this example is that you want the XLR outputs to include cab simulations, so the routing has a cab block in line for the main output 1, but has an effects loop block to branch off *before* the cab blocks, and therefore feed a signal *without* cab models to output 2 (for feeding your on-stage guitar amp and cab).

Oh shoot, I just tried to upload my simplified image (27KB) but I received the same error message that the quota has been reached (so many things are wrong in this forum!??!??!). If you send me a PM, with a legitimate email address, I can send it to you as an attachment...

Back
Top Bottom