Patch naming for different setups- How do you do it?

spikey

Experienced
I plan on setting up a power amp to speaker cab patch group with cab IRs off, and a Axe FX II to Mackie 824s with Cab IRs on for the second group. I was wondering how you guys named and grouped them? I had an idea to name the patches using the power amp and guitar cab "Amp" and then followed with the name of the patch. So just a glance would tell me wether or not the Cab IR's are on or off by the name... Good idea? How do you do it?

(ps- yea unfortunate that the K12s didn't work out for me. Glad they do for others.

And Im still searching for the holy grail from the FX II outs to ??? >>>...)

I use patches 0-99 for power amp/speaker cab setup and 100 and up for FRFR. This way I can just add 100 and keep straight which is which.

my Axe preset slots are 'zoned' by project and by function
0-4 is the performance area [whatever I'm playing live / practicing with gets copied there because there's a special MFC config for these slots]
10-19 is the storage area for the DC Band 'live' presets
20-29 is the storage area for the Civilian 'live' presets
there are also areas for these band's 'studio' [practice], reamping and experimental presets
I have a word doc with a table that shows what preset banks are used for which specific preset areas [it also contains all my modifier / IA controller assignments and mappings between the Axe and MFC] - essentially this is a quick ref guide to my Axe/MFC

presets are following a naming convention
Civ01 St2 = Civilians, preset 1 Studio [practice] from the 2nd generation of presets
DCB04 Lv4 = DC Band, preset 4, Live from the 4th generation of presets
Syb01 Exp = Syberian, preset 1 experimental
NoPrizRiff01Rmp = No Prisoners, Riff01 Remaping preset

band / project : preset number : function : generation

Back
Top Bottom