Patch Leveling

CornBread

is there a way to easly level the patches for volume? i saw a video for the axw ii but can't locate the meters to do it that way. i would love to make them all the same.

I'll tell you what I found to work best for myself. I use my DAW, Studio One (should be the same for all DAW's) and set up a session just for leveling and save it. Within this saved "song" I open up the mixer, find the inputs where the axe fx is coming in and make it as big as possible. Save it!

Go through any presets I desire and make them all hit around -6db to -9db.

Now I have a quick method to level any presets at anytime. Hope this helps!

I'll tell you what I found to work best for myself. I use my DAW, Studio One (should be the same for all DAW's) and set up a session just for leveling and save it. Within this saved "song" I open up the mixer, find the inputs where the axe fx is coming in and make it as big as possible. Save it!

Go through any presets I desire and make them all hit around -6db to -9db.

Now I have a quick method to level any presets at anytime. Hope this helps!
Yeah... I like to use the meters on my IEM mixer, since it's gain staged to work with my mix. Then I just make sure all my presets come in at the same level.

The advantage is I can be in any screen of the Axe Fx and not have to worry about getting back to the meters.

I appreciate these different tips. I struggle just a bit, getting this straight before an extended classic rock gig. So thanks guys.

External meters are great. But the built in meters are great too, right there, and just highlight the amp block and turn the C knob to adjust the level right from that Layout view.

Definitely don’t “need” external gear. It’s really simple.

External meters are great. But the built in meters are great too, right there, and just highlight the amp block and turn the C knob to adjust the level right from that Layout view.

Definitely don’t “need” external gear. It’s really simple.
Well, this I didn’t know! Thanks!

Go to Layout page, and then, zoom out. The are you VU meters.

That's what I do, for lack of a better option, but as I stated in my linked post, I wish there was a more streamlined workflow for leveling multiple presets and channels.

That's what I do, for lack of a better option, but as I stated in my linked post, I wish there was a more streamlined workflow for leveling multiple presets and channels.
The Layout page already has most of what you're wishing for. You can adjust level, change channels and change scenes without ever leaving the Layout page. The only thing missing is the ability to change presets without leaving the page.

Back
Top Bottom