patch help

fastgraham

Inspired
Hey guys,

Attached is my acoustic preset. I am really happy with my basic sound + reverb and delay.

I am not really happy with the drive, vibe and envelope filter.

The drive is too fizzy, the vibe is to thin and the envelope is a mess.

Any help is much appreciated.

Path: Martin acoustic -> AX8 -> (2) RCF SMA 12NX

Attachments

• acoustic gig.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 11
drive pedals with acoustic typically don't work well. the "fizz" comes from 2 things: the acoustic guitar's natural high end (as opposed to an electric guitar) and the fact that there's no cab block in your preset. the cab is responsible for shaping the overall sound of a guitar amp, and reducing the high fizz is a big part of what it does.

however, using an acoustic guitar through a cab block usually doesn't work well either. since the cab block reduces the highs, the acoustic guitar loses its sound.

so you're kinda trying to do things using components that are a bit "opposite." that said, some people do use a drive pedal with acoustic guitar, but they just end up reducing so much of the high end on the pedal.

mess with the eq a lot on that drive pedal; hopefully you can find something you like, but with acoustic, it might not be what you have in mind. hopefully some others can help you with the vibe and filter.

Which drives have you tried?

Hi-gain from an acoustic never sounded really good to me, but I bet the SDD model (modelled on the preamp section of the Korg SDD3000 delay) could give some real nice saturation and thickness. Maybe try the tape drive as well.

Back
Top Bottom