Patch for octave down on low notes only?

TrickRichards

Inspired
Does anyone have a preset they use for getting octave down bass notes while allowing higher notes through without the octave? I did a search and tried a few of the suggestions but didn’t find what I was after. Seems like it is possible with the pitch follower but I can’t seem to prevent the higher notes from getting an octave as well. Appreciate any help!

yup, use the pitch follower and tweak the start/mid/end parameters to get the behaviour you want. you'll want to attach the pitch follower to the input gain of the pitch block. when you play high notes, you want unput gain to be at zero and when you play low notes, you want the input gain to be at 100%
Thanks! I have it working well for single notes but every time I play a chord it triggers the octave for all notes. Is that just the limitation of the block or am I missing something?

If you are sending all of your signal to the pitch block it will give the octave for all the notes in the signal. You could try a crossover block to filter out the higher HZ signal before it goes to the octaver.

yeah, the pitch block can't magically separate out the lowest note of a chord and produce a note an octave lower while ignoring all the others. try the crossover as scot suggested, but i've never had much luck with it.

I have made multiple attempts at this with the Axe FX II, then III, using the pitch vs synth block, filter vs crossover block, etc I would get 75%, but never 100% (compared to my Boss OC-3) or at least not close enough to warrant posting my version.

Here's today's attempt... maybe, this time around it's 85% there?
Adjust the frequency in the filter block to set the cut-off note.
Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• Boss OC-3.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 58
Back
Top Bottom