Patch 20.00 Review

moxypants

Hey All!

Was very excited this past weekend to dive into the contents of patch 20.00. I made a video of what the patch details (my first time doing so) and tried bringing the contents to light in a more direct way. Here's a link to the video:

ALSO - a couple things that I noticed that would be nice from a future patch (specifically the Dynamic Distortion block). Let me know if you agree :}
1. NO MODIFIERS?! - The reason this is surprising is because with the Frequency wheel you could do some pretty cool sounding things if the freq was on an LFO or expression pedal.
2. Why doesn't the bias wheel not allow negative values like on the drive counterpart?
3. The Pre Delay on the Reverb is AWESOME. I don't have much feedback about that to be honest.

Either way. Good day y'all!

Moxypants
Music & Madness

NO MODIFIERS?! - The reason this is surprising is because with the Frequency wheel you could do some pretty cool sounding things if the freq was on an LFO or expression pedal.
Totally agree on this, we need modifiers on that knob! 😉

In Technical terms, Patch = a 'PRESET'...
These words have different meanings in different contexts.

In my work's technical terms, a patch is a smallish code update, usually targeting some specific and urgent problem(s), that we put out between regular releases.

Here, as folks have said, a patch is a preset, and new internal software for a Fractal device is a firmware update.

When in Rome!

Haha! Sorry for the twist in lingo y'all.
I work as a DSP engineer doing software dev - I am totally using the word "Patch" as a software update in a very generic way. Usually I assume any change that isn't hardware related to be software related --> thus, 'Patch'.

Appreciate letting me know about how else people interpret the word though. Never knew others thought it meant 'PRESET'.

Haha! Sorry for the twist in lingo y'all.
I work as a DSP engineer doing software dev - I am totally using the word "Patch" as a software update in a very generic way. Usually I assume any change that isn't hardware related to be software related --> thus, 'Patch'.

Appreciate letting me know about how else people interpret the word though. Never knew others thought it meant 'PRESET'.
I used to be a mainframe coder, and for us a “patch” was a fix to the system. In FAS terms, a fix to the system refers to a firmware update.

Back
Top Bottom