[implemented] Paste individual channel from block library

InsideOut

Power User
A lot of times I come across a block channel that I would like to save for later use. As of now I believe if I save it into block library, if I call it up in another preset, it overwrites all channels. I would love to be able to save a single channel to library and paste it into the channel of my choice in another preset block. This would be extremely helpful for "borrowing" things from stock presets without overwriting all 4 channels of a block. I know this can be done with copy channel to clipboard, but that's different than saving it in a library.

D'OH! I'm normally really good about doing a search first. Just plain blew it this time and started typing while it was fresh in my fragile little mind.

A Channel Library sounds great, but it would require a LOT of housekeeping to not become bloated. I struggle all the time with this need however, while this or that big-shot artist twiddles their fingers conspicuously at me. I designed a solution, and it is possible that my little BLOCK BUILDER panel for Axe-Edit could still happen someday. In it, you load blocks from the library or the current preset, then drag and drop channels into a little box. When finished, save the result to the library or current preset. You can even see the settings for the current channel right below. Here's a screen capture:

Monosnap 2020-01-09 18-22-19.png

A Channel Library sounds great, but it would require a LOT of housekeeping to not become bloated. I struggle all the time with this need however, while this or that big-shot artist twiddles their fingers conspicuously at me. I designed a solution, and it is possible that my little BLOCK BUILDER panel for Axe-Edit could still happen someday. In it, you load blocks from the library or the current preset, then drag and drop channels into a little box. When finished, save the result to the library or current preset. You can even see the settings for the current channel right below. Here's a screen capture:

View attachment 62017
That is very cool!

View attachment 62017
OH MAH GAWD!!!!

Dude that looks perfect. Would make building presets by Pulling from multiple other presets so easy.

View attachment 62017
That's definitely very useful. Effectively the same as a channel library in some ways, no? Say you save a bunch of blocks with only Channel A set up, you could just load that and drag the channel to one of the entries in BUILD A BLOCK. Then load another one up and drag that channel to another entry.

View attachment 62017
this would be wonderful!

Adding the option to see/ edit control switches that may be used in the block would be very helpful, too.

View attachment 62017
This is a whopper of a great idea....

Had to do just that tonight.

As a workaround: In AxeEdit, I switched to the saved block, switched to the desired channel, copied it to the clipboard, then reverted the preset, selected the desired amp block and channel where it should go, then pasted the channel into place.

Doable, but could be a lot easier....

Had to do just that tonight.

As a workaround: In AxeEdit, I switched to the saved block, switched to the desired channel, copied it to the clipboard, then reverted the preset, selected the desired amp block and channel where it should go, then pasted the channel into place.

Doable, but could be a lot easier....
To reiterate the comments above: Personally, I have no use whatsoever for a block library. When I save a block, there is only one channel that I’m saving. What I need is a channel library, not a block library. If the block library was instead a channel library, your task would be trivial.

To reiterate the comments above: Personally, I have no use whatsoever for a block library. When I save a block, there is only one channel that I’m saving. What I need is a channel library, not a block library. If the block library was instead a channel library, your task would be trivial.
+1000

Back
Top Bottom