Passive CLR PEQ Curves

swass

Power User
Just curious if anyone here on the forum that had or has the passive CLR's, have the PEQ curves for alternate positions. (ie; pole/speaker stand and back line). I did email Tom last week... MIA I guess...
If anyone would be so kind to help out... :encouragement:

Thanks!

Just put them on poles and you won't need PEQ [I add sub for subtle 4x12 feel]

If you need to fine tune your tone, try the 3 band eq in tha cab block preamp section

Last edited:
Thanks levipeto. Not concerned about the guitar tone but more for them pulling the double duty for full mix monitoring.

I've been interested in something similar. I have two passive CLRs and a QSC PLD DSP power amplifier. I was thinking of running the CLRs bi amped and was wondering if I could get settings for the different crossover scenarios(bl, tilt, ff).

Tracked Jay Mitchell down about my question.

This shaked out of the discussion and might help you.

Kingjimmi wrote:
Ok, could you please tell me which scenario the passive crossover in the CLRs was optimized for? Should I be running the CLR in tilt or FF for best performance?
It will work very well either as a wedge or elevated with no additional rqualization. Used in an elevated position, you may decide to boost low frequencies a few decibels, but that will depend on local acoustics as much as anything else.

Last edited:
Just put them on poles and you won't need PEQ [I add sub for subtle 4x12 feel]

If you need to fine tune your tone, try the 3 band eq in tha cab block preamp section

Levipeto - are you saying that you are using a separate subwoffer with your passive CLRs? I have two passive CLR and was thinking about that. How is it done? What sub do you use? how do you connect?

I'm interested in this as well. I posted another thread thinking I was the only one. I was thinking about a filter block. The DBX looks nice but I'm not sure it will help us, seems to do so much more.
The same type of filter is in my QSC powered monitor and works well. I'm not even going to consider a sub. My biggest issue is finding a 1u with DSP that can control this. Only one I found was big
money.

I'm interested in this as well. I posted another thread thinking I was the only one. I was thinking about a filter block. The DBX looks nice but I'm not sure it will help us, seems to do so much more.
The same type of filter is in my QSC powered monitor and works well. I'm not even going to consider a sub. My biggest issue is finding a 1u with DSP that can control this. Only one I found was big
money.

As you may know, we also build amps for PA applications, anything up to 5kW a channel. If you ever need a 10kW, 2U lightweight stereo amp ... just give us a call!.

PA amps are almost always used with some form of electronic crossover, so if you do want to try a top/sub solution with any pair of speakers, you can use an external DSP to achieve the required result. Someone earlier mentioned the "Dolby Driverack" which is indeed an excellent product, but not cheap. Oddly enough, there is a good, cheap product in the Behringer range ... namely the DCX2496 ... I know a lot of people are put off by the name, but, in all honesty, for the money, it is hard to beat.

The idea of a top and sub is "interesting", especially powered, and with some DSP ... if any of you are near our Ventura location, you could even try our 15" bass guitar prototype rig out, with an NL12 on top it sounds kinda amazing ...

Will we produce a guitar specific version with DSP? all I can say is .. watch this space :)

thanks RobinMatrix do you know is the DSP model will be 1u and do you know if it can recreate that FF filter like on the Atomic CLR? I left you my number in an email but I never heard back.

I really cannot comment on anything related to the CLR, we do not comment on other manufacturers products.

I don't want to say too much about upcoming products, but you could do worse than keep an eye on our Facebook page later today ...

my friend wants to see if he can detect the difference with an app he has. For now I am using a PEQ after my amp and before my cab. I have it set to 80.0 I recall and a level of 3.00. Seems to add a little kick to it. I also tried
the lowshelf filter and that worked pretty good but he suggested the PEQ over the filter. I'd still like to match it up a bit by getting the correct setting of the FF mode. At least that would give me a starting point. I also put one
of the wedges on it's side facing the bassist and left the other one facing to me in the normal position.

Still interested in seeing what is new from Matrix :)

still not enough kick with my current settings. Sound cuts through but I am missing some of what was created with that FF setting. Going to try boosting at 120 and put up the level of that to 5 or more and see what happens.
Also working on getting a Matrix GT1000FX-1U

tonight I tried 200hz recommended from another thread and have the level at 5.50. I will probably drop that a bit to either 4.50 - 5.00. This made a huge difference compared to my previous setting and sounded more like my Active CLR. A little too much for my clean tones but I can back that off at some point. Looking forward to trying the Matrix with these current settings.

Back
Top Bottom