Part II: Smilefan's Axe II Patch Thread

NOTE: In addition to trsaudio's PDF file with Part II descriptions and pics, Forum member, LMO,
has created a comprehensive, and beautifully indexed, Word document with all patch descriptions
and comments from both Part I & II of this thread, to date. Here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42749093/Smilefans_Patch_Comments.doc

The level of interest and participation being shown by Forum members here has left
me speechless. My original intent was just to get the ball rolling on Axe II patches.
It has become far more than I could have imagined.

The Fractal experience has always been a unique one, from the beginning. Together,
we are all making, and keeping it, something special.

I need some tissue now. ;)

Last edited:
I believe Part II of the Smilefan Patch Thread has come to a natural crossroads.

Its now 21 pages long.

I just Zipped up all patches to date.

Both trsaudio and LMO have produced great Word/PDF documents recapping all the relevant text to date

Time to close Part II.

Feels bizarre to be starting a Part III, but that's where we are at. I assume you all want me to
keep going? I'm thinking maybe I'll ease up on the patches in Pt. III and make it more educational
and tutorial (I do have more fun patches coming, though).

Open to ideas on the future of Smilefan's Patch Thread.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Awesome work Smilefan (and offcourse everyone else who participates in one way or another to either this thread or the forum in general).

What about doing some presets that are more related to playing "feels" instead of tones? Think in terms of note bloom, sponginess etc. What can you teach about building patches in that regard, keeping historic events in mind as a guideline?

I believe Part II of the Smilefan Patch Thread has come to a natural crossroads.
Makes sense now that you have everything from parts I and II consolidated. Definitely it should keep going! I like the idea of adding more educational and tutorial material, as there are lots of features in the Axe II that people could make better use of if they understood a bit more about them. Perhaps we can get some more guest postings as well.

Part of the reason I wanted the Axe-ll was for the education from this forum. The quality of this learning experience is unsurpassed in the music world. Thanks Smilefan for being a big part of it.

Sweet jebus, this is sooooo much help. This should be included with the Axe FX on a disc or jump drive or in the manual. This will help amp+cab people. These are great starting points for my and they sound pretty dang good through my Mesa 3/4 back with C90 speaker. I especially like the document in the download, teach a man to fish...

You may have singlehandedly saved me frame putting the Axe on the chopping block.

Thank you for sharing these awesome patches. I am getting an Axe Fx II very soon and this would be a great place to get some cool patches. I am bookmarking this page :D

NOTE: Effective 01/27/2012 all patches on Smilefan's Patch Thread are now fully updated
to Firmware 5.0!

My 5.0 updated Zip File with all 90 of my patches (and 2 IR's for the top row cabs
of "Gibson FlatTop" and "Axe Cello", as their names will imply). This includes some
retired patches no longer posted on the threads:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42749093/Smilefan 5.zip

Too bad they will be buried in the forum eventually. They are not categorized nor searchable. If someone will join 6 months from now, they will not find what they are interested in or have to read through hundreds of pages. Good luck to them.

Good Stuff though!
Always with the negative vibes..:D

LL

Back
Top Bottom