Parrot Zik Bluetooth phones, almost

seclusion

Experienced
So we get the new 13 week old puppy, within an hr or so, chews through my Apple Buds.
Grr, no biggy, I have a few pairs of studio phones no problems.
She runs through the studio and goes straight for my good phones, she doesn't chew the cable, she chews through both wires from headstrap to cans...

But again, I'm due for something.
Search wireless phones.
I settle on the Parrot Zik's.
They sound awesome, pair easily between iPhone 4S, iPad Air and my Mac.
All sounds good.
Set my Presonus 16.0.2 or Axe FX II as the input, set the Parrot Zik as the Output.
Tonal bliss, I can hear my music in Logic X and Ax FX II just great.
I'm satisfied, great for overdubbing, I'm all set right?
Well nope, shows a 22.3 ms delay and plays it.
So chug on the strings, wait, hear the sound.
F@ck, so close.
Delay compensation doesn't help.
So close, but so far.
Damn this would be a slick option.
I can walk around the house, with music on, sound is great.
Just can't do realtime stuff with the Zik's
Looking on the forums, admin shows 180 ms delay as standard setting with bluetooth so audio quality stays up

Bluetooth headphones... Suck. Not a good option. And these are a ripoff. The sheer volume of headphones that cost less than these that I guarantee sound better should have been reason number one to not waste your money on these.

Actually I tested many pair of Bluetooth for the reason of using on many devices.
The sound quality is excellent on these, comparable with my beyer dynamics, except the buffer delay.
And BTW way I have paid at least that amount for wired AkG's that sound no where as good.
So yes I hear you, but realize that these can be paired with any device, sound quality is very good and volume, song skip can be used by just touching the ear can.
They just can't be used for overdubbing...
A great 2 nd reference monitor.
Cheers
B

Back
Top Bottom