Parker Fly Owners and Fans

Hello all,

I am trying to find a good Fly, there is a few on Reverb around 3500$ pre-refined. Is that a fair price?

They seem in very good condition..

Hello all,

I am trying to find a good Fly, there is a few on Reverb around 3500$ pre-refined. Is that a fair price?

Yes if mint and the electrics must but untouched. There is a flex PCB that hold everything even the jack and if there is any damage to this you can't replace it or solder to it.

IMG_7044-600x450.jpg
I have replaced the whole loom on several occasions because someone tried to tighten a pot from the outside without supporting the PCB internally and broke it. It is very delicate and seems to go brittle with age. Even the jack is on the PCB and unavailable . The fix is a complete rewire to refined spec and a dummy pot.

Hello all,

There’s been a sharp rise in prices over the pandemic, mostly due to a couple of speculators. Prices for a good pre refined pre pandemic was about 2k.
A decent deal today is 2750 to 3k.
I think 3.5 is overpriced.

View attachment 105315
I have replaced the whole loom on several occasions because someone tried to tighten a pot from the outside without supporting the PCB internally and broke it. It is very delicate and seems to go brittle with age. Even the jack is on the PCB and unavailable . The fix is a complete rewire to refined spec and a dummy pot.
Thank you @Andy Eagle , I absolutely going to ask for this type of pictures, also the springs seem to be a big deal if not handled properly.

There’s been a sharp rise in prices over the pandemic, mostly due to a couple of speculators. Prices for a good pre refined pre pandemic was about 2k.
A decent deal today is 2750 to 3k.
I think 3.5 is overpriced.
Yes, I think you are right :cool: thank you!

I have replaced the ribbon cables with conventional wiring as well as replaced the output jack on one of my pre-refined Parker Deluxes and all the pots/toggles, battery switching work exactly as they should. The PCB is still in good shape, just the ribbon cables and jack were the problem. I'm fairly certain I have the wiring schematic somewhere in case you would like a copy. You may find a great deal on a "fixer upper" in your search.

Reactions: ESW
Back
Top Bottom