Paramore on Colbert 5/1 AWESOME PERFORMANCE! check it here

bradlake

Axe-Master
Noticed that the side gig of IR creator @York Audio is getting some national TV exposure, and a cool chance to see and hear some Fractal goodness as played by Justin on late night... ....Break a leg, bro, see ya in Chi town in July.
here it is . superb.

Last edited:
Oh man, it’s gonna get weird! The song is all Supro amp sims and I’m kinda excited about it.
does that show get taped earlier in the day.? I went to a Letterman taping decades ago in that space.....can you share the tune yer playing (from the new album I presume?) , then we can all dial up our supremo patches and jam along .....

does that show get taped earlier in the day.? I went to a Letterman taping decades ago in that space.....can you share the tune yer playing (from the new album I presume?) , then we can all dial up our supremo patches and jam along .....
Yeah, it’s taped earlier in the day, so I’ll probably watch it in my hotel room. The song is “Rose Colored Boy,” so fire up the Supremo Trem and a Dimension C and you’re good to go! Thanks Brad!

That was so f’n good......super mix. .....and ...Colbert shook your hand first!!...guess he(and the director) figured out who the real talent in the band is.... :D Congrats!!!​

Last edited:
....and the Force of Tom Tom Club lives strong in this one ...really catchy and hooky........in a perfect world, this is #1 with a bullet........Genius of Love was at the very top of the Billboard dance charts for a long stretch in 1981, no reason why Rose Colored Boy shouldn’t be a worldwide hit. Me likey.

Last edited:
Dang that was great! Excellent sound and fun performance.
Mention of Tom Tom Club made me realize she was doing a bit of female David Bryne there.. ;)

When I saw them live I was struck by the energy created by Paramore that absolutely took me to the place I got when witnessing Talking Heads/ TTC/ Byrne, a state of ecstatic rhythmic, sonic and /intellectual fusion that I will always cherish and search for(and a compliment of the highest order)... I shared my feeling with Justin post-concert, and he said the band thought I was OK with that response .....really look forward to seeing them again this summer in my fave outdoor Chicago venue.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, guys! I thought it sounded great for TV stuff. Those things can be pretty challenging, but I like that the Fractal is the loudest/clearest guitar in the mix.

If anyone needs some 70’s/Wes Anderson inspired clothes, I know a guy.

Haha! Yeah, the stylist wanted to keep the look consistent with the music video, hence the throwback vibe. It was fun though. Most bands do the same stuff on all of those shows and it ends up being pretty forgettable, so it was fun to do something different for a change.

And that Supremo Trem model has been KILLING me. It’s so tasty for that vintage gritty vibe.

Haha! Yeah, the stylist wanted to keep the look consistent with the music video, hence the throwback vibe. It was fun though. Most bands do the same stuff on all of those shows and it ends up being pretty forgettable, so it was fun to do something different for a change.

And that Supremo Trem model has been KILLING me. It’s so tasty for that vintage gritty vibe.
strumming on it right now...playing the opening chordal riff from Brand X 's Don't Make Waves....congrats again to you and the entire band for a great job yesterday...now I gotta look up that video...is there still an MTV....?

Very tight performance, Justin, and really nice arrangement.

Was that a backing track or did the keyboard player throw in some samples?

Great job! Gotta love seeing pros doing their thing, especially with one of my favs on the album.
And she was totally rocking yellow IEMs. I mean, cmon. That’s just cool. I could never pull it off.

That was excellent. Shades of Culture Club and Duran Duran in that tune. It's a nice homage to the 80s eclectic pop-rock but is very much its own, modern thing still.

Back
Top Bottom