Paramore just blew my mind!

Man, it would be great to connect at that show. Just remind me a little closer to the show date and I’ll put in the Comp request for you. And thanks for using my IR’s! I’m thrilled that you’ve been liking them!
And I noticed your avatar. Are you a Phil Keaggy fan? I remember he played a Zion for years and I always think of him when I see one.

Hey - huge Keaggy fan here, and love my Zion. After Ken and Kenny sold the shop to Dale Brown he moved it from Greensboro to Raleigh, so now when I need a setup I take it to the man who built the guitar... so cool. Got to meet and speak with Keaggy once - really gracious with his time and attention, and I think reminds me of you - world class talent with great attitude and heart! Look forward to seeing you in Raleigh. And I'll pick up two tickets when they go on sale this week - support live music, people!

Hey - huge Keaggy fan here, and love my Zion. After Ken and Kenny sold the shop to Dale Brown he moved it from Greensboro to Raleigh, so now when I need a setup I take it to the man who built the guitar... so cool. Got to meet and speak with Keaggy once - really gracious with his time and attention, and I think reminds me of you - world class talent with great attitude and heart! Look forward to seeing you in Raleigh. And I'll pick up two tickets when they go on sale this week - support live music, people!
Wow! What a small world. Ken Hoover used to come to my house when I was a kid to hang with my dad. My dad’s name is Peter York and he used to play guitar for Phil up until the early 80’s, so Phil has been a dear family friend. I’m glad you got to meet him. He’s an exceptional talent and couldn’t be a more humble and gracious person. Let’s definitely connect at that show. It would be a pleasure to meet you.

Man if Paramore is EVER playing near you, you just HAVE to go. I was smiling the whole time about just how good it all sounded. Wow!!!!!

I just recently discovered Paramore. Great songs! I'd love to see them some time.

With all you're saying about how good it sounded, I think we need to give some credit to FOH. Any idea who was FOH Engineer and Monitor Engineer for this tour? What did they use for PA?

I just recently discovered Paramore. Great songs! I'd love to see them some time.

With all you're saying about how good it sounded, I think we need to give some credit to FOH. Any idea who was FOH Engineer and Monitor Engineer for this tour? What did they use for PA?
For sure. Their FOH guy is great! All the components for a show matter and they were all exceptional.

Closest show near me appears to be a 4 day cruise?! Haha, that must be insane.
...yes...Parahoy seems to be a big success, sold out every year, my guess is mostly post adolescent girls and their MILF s populate the ship.. must be a field day for the many onboard crew Lotharios ...........

I haven't heard you guys in person but watched plenty of live stuff and always great tones. Are you doing any recording work with the Fractal? It's cool to see that Taylor has moved to at least controlling the pile of pedals with midi, probably made life a lot easier on him - keep working on him, maybe he'll end up with an Axe. Hoping to catch up with you guys in Columbus, definitely would be cool to chat gear and my wife loves the band so double win.

Can't wait for the Raleigh date!

Plus it gives me an excuse to go to Boxcar while I'm in town.

Hope you were able to make the Raleigh concert last night. What a killer show! In this thread Chris had set expectations pretty high anyway, and Justin and crew exceeded them all. Mix was great and the guitars cut thru and were front and center like it should be ;). Justin's guitar sat in the mix where it needed to, cut through where it should. He has his Fractal gear tuned in just right, I think. Said he was using one of his IR's for the show - and it sounded great!

One other thing that was way above expectations were the vocals, lead and harmony. Live shows are so tough as you are working the music, the crowd, dancing around to keep the energy up - in the middle of all of that the vocals and the vocal mix were stellar. Kudos to Justin and crew - fantastic job. Catch this tour folks, guarantee you will have a good time, and learn something about how to put on a great performance.

One of my old bands used to cover "Crush" back in around 2010, and my other guitarist and I were both using Axe Fx Ultra's! A pleasure to meet you Justin :). GREAT band! Funny, I've never seen Chris so elated. :D (First post I'm referring to).

Just saw them in Philly last night and got to chat with Justin for a bit. He was such a super cool a friendly dude and very passionate about music and gear. The show sounded and looked great. The wind didn’t do too much damage to the sound. I stood right in front of the board and you could hear each guitar and the vocals clearly. The band was tight and so full of energy.

Justin, thanks again for the tickets and the good conversation. My wife and I had a great night!

E1FAE65C-9202-4DDC-BCAE-D2241CBC6046.jpeg
How cool is that! Love the Rundgren shirt too :D
I was unable to travel due to injury last year to a Todd show out of state where I had VIP meet and greet....when. I. Called the venue to inform them, they arranged to have me send a pic of me to the gig, and this was the result...He has been one of my faves since before you were born, and still have yet to meet him, but I got this.......
.......Justin has to be one of the nicest guys I’ve met in the biz, and again I can’t recommend this tour enough....nice to see the kids digging some quality Power Punk Pop with real guitars (and axeFX goodness.....tho Justin still has yet to incorporate his III into the show
in;addition to Paramore. I really enjoyed opener Foster the People, whom I was unfamiliar with. Sorta a cross between psychedelic EDM and Beach boys...

Back
Top Bottom