Parameter Elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason behind this

The new firmware has rendered a lot of parameters obsolete IMO. I'm considering eliminating the following:
Dynamics
Pick Attack
Thunk
Character
Character Freq
Dyn Depth
Amp Voicing

If you have strong objections please state which parameter(s) you would want retained.
It is like taking candy away from children ,sound is very objective,it is an art,more colors more flavors,more sounds. If the reason behind this is to improve in other area's then please specify

For future firmware updates, please leave amp voicing as it is. It is a very handy control to take any amp model into a desired ballpark. I also use it when i plug the unit into different systems, if the system is bright, turning it to "dark" or if the system is dark turning it to "bright" is a quite easy fix. I know there is a global eq, but amp voicing control is like owning presets for global eq... also, when i set it as "warm", i tweak a lot less controls on amp block in general. So, please, don't take it from me : (...

Best Regards.

I feel as if the AxeFX should have a "normal" mode and "advanced" mode that is user selectable. I remember feeling quite overwhelmed when picking up my Ultra, and given my limited exposure to real amps. All those knobs; much confusion!

Normal to mimic the controls found on real amps, with minimal tweaking options.

Advanced mode for those users that prefer to tweak and have hardcore options exposed.

This answer is the "best of both worlds". A normal and an advanced mode.

Normal mode is the cleaned up simplified interface and advanced has all the deep parameters.

This answer is the "best of both worlds". A normal and an advanced mode.

Normal mode is the cleaned up simplified interface and advanced has all the deep parameters.

The Axe is already set up like this. For simplified tweaking.....just stick with the first amp block menu window.

Same with other fx blocks as well.

What about moving all those "obsolete" parameters to an effect block. This way they are out of the way for the average joe axe user, but if your a tweaker you can just drop in the adv amp effect block and have those controls?

Amp Voicing is very USEFULL! Without tuninf alot it alows to change whole character. I use it always.
Character, Pick Attack an Thunk are also very important to me.

I'm no expert in this but I assume the initial idea of removing stuff was there because of redundancy, i.e. exactly the same sound tweaks are still possible but managed via different options?

As there are a myriad of buttons my vote also goes to a special effect block having all those "obsolete" buttons.

Amp voicing actually taught me a lot about mixing when I first started with the Axe, to be honest. It was an invaluable tool early on. Nowadays I don't need it as often, but I still love using it as an easy way to get into the ballpark of the tone I'm looking for. If we want to get rid of it for the sake of clarity in the unit, then that's what we'll do. But I have to say, it was damned convenient having it.

I second the comments about amp voicing. I use it very often when crafting tones for live-use, so please leave it as it is :)
Yes, I know you can tweak several advanced parameters and achieve the same effect, but editing on the fly with a tight schedule, it's nice to be able to tweak just one parameter.

I'm doing a search on threads containing the phrase "Dynamic depth" because I have just worked out that increasing this parameter helps with tightening up palm mutes.

Please don't get rid of this parameter, I have only just discovered how to get the rhythm sound I wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom