Parallel routing levels help

scottp

Fractal Fanatic
I am running a reverb in serial on the grid. I have a Plex Delay right above it, in parallel, and a Delay block below it in parallel as well.
Since I added the 2 parallel blocks, my output volume has jumped up. I thought I read somwhere to set the parallel blocks to -6.0 for level.?

Is there a mixing volume rule (or best practice) for keeping the original volume the same?
Do I need to also lower the Reverb level on the main serial path?

Thanks!

I am running a reverb in serial on the grid. I have a Plex Delay right above it, in parallel, and a Delay block below it in parallel as well.
Since I added the 2 parallel blocks, my output volume has jumped up. I thought I read somwhere to set the parallel blocks to -6.0 for level.?

Is there a mixing volume rule (or best practice) for keeping the original volume the same?
Do I need to also lower the Reverb level on the main serial path?

When you run two lines in parallel, without reducing the level on either of them, you are doubling the output level (ignoring phase issues). A gain adjustment of -6 dB will cut the output level in half, so that will compensate for adding two lines together.

No, if you have two lines coming together, you need to cut each one in half, -6 dB on each to compensate. Or, just apply -6 dB in a block where they come together.

Okay with a little trail and error, I see the the bypass state make a difference.

My plan was, on the main serial line to have reverb, when off, set to Thru. But I keep the reverb on all the time.

Sorry, but I don't get what you are saying " in a block where they come together"

The three blocks are stacked on top of one another. Where they join on the grid it is a shunt.

Okay keeping it simple. It appears have it working good now.
Reverb on main serial line. Only Plex Delay above in parallel.
PLEX DELAY Mix = 100%, Level -6 dB, Input gain 55% ( add or subtract for desired affect), Bypass mode set to Mute In.

Okay keeping it simple. It appears have it working good now.
Reverb on main serial line. Only Plex Delay above in parallel.
PLEX DELAY Mix = 100%, Level -6 dB, Input gain 55% ( add or subtract for desired affect), Bypass mode set to Mute In.
Post the preset. From your explanation, it seems like you're complicating things more than it's necessary.

Thanks for the posts. I'm busy now, I'll check that video first.
I appreciate all your help!

Update, I just watched that video. I didn't realize how much the original tone is affected by the different routing options.
I'm going to try and adjust my settings per Rosh's example>

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom