Parallel Compression on Drums

Thank you for posting. I have tried similar processes but not exactly. I want to try your method. Much appreciated.

Parallel compression is the ONLY way to go with drums for me. Has been since the first time I tried it.

A couple of neat variants I have been messing with:

1. Scoop the mids on the parallel compression buss (stole this from Jason Aldean's live FOH engineer)
2. Use M/S (Mid/Side) compression on the parallel compression buss. UAD has some plugs with this builtin. Waves has a plug that can split a stereo buss into M/S for processing by normal plugs.

A couple of neat variants I have been messing with:

1. Scoop the mids on the parallel compression buss (stole this from Jason Aldean's live FOH engineer)
2. Use M/S (Mid/Side) compression on the parallel compression buss. UAD has some plugs with this builtin. Waves has a plug that can split a stereo buss into M/S for processing by normal plugs.

Thanks for your input!

Scooping the mids is another way of doing what I'm doing with the boost on high and low end however, your way is probably cleaner and will avoid a build up of frequencies...so simple but I'd not even tried it so thanks for this!

Mid/side compression is a great idea as well!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom