Pantera tone

I uploaded the patch and the IRs for you.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-209 ... h.zip.html

The settings got knocked out of place by new firmware updates several times. FW 9 messed with the reverb block in a big way, rendering the patch unusable. So ATM the patch doesn't sound anything like it's supposed to. You best chance to get it working again is to politely ask AlbertA if he is willing to help us Dimeheads out once again. He created those IRs and the patch in the first place and had a Walk-Tone going which was spot on (with fw 5 I think). I would love to have this tone back.

As I said: Contact AlbertA via PM and maybe he will fix the reverb settings. I have no clue on what he did to make the sound happen, so I can't restore the settings myself.

I'll give it a try again. Originally I found a Randall cab IR that I eq'ed further by using a voxengo plugin to match an excerpt of the intro to "walk" for both left and right channels. The reverb was mainly for early reflections and to try and hide the harsher highs of previous firmware revs with super high gain sounds.

Better late than never,

I finally got my new computer setup up.

Here's the patch for v10, I have an ULTRA so I use the gate block after the amp, so standard users should just put a shunt in the blank space that appears.

Edit: Updated see below

I think it is awesome when people update and post their excellent patches for new firmwares. Thanks Albert!

WOW AlbertA. That's a pretty impressive clip. Excellent job.

I've always liked that tone because Cowboys From Hell was the first album I ever got into that was heavier than Van Halen. I love heavy stuff now, but Pantera was the kindling for me. I have lots of sweet memories of Pantera on cassette tape mixes in my car.

prometh said:
Why not merge those 2 IRs into 1 so only a single cab is required?

Because you wouldn't be able to pan them left and right in that case. If you were running mono then that would be a good way to go.

What speakers were used for AlbertA's IR? Are they the same as what was used for the "Vulgar" album?

From what I have gathered, Dimebag used Celestion V30, Celestion Seventy 80 and 15" Randall Jaguar 200 speakers throughout his career, until eventually switching to Eminence Texas Heats.

prometh said:
I didn't think Walk was stereo like that..

The produced song has a different sonic signature between left and right. You don't need to merge them, just choose one...

prometh said:
What speakers were used for AlbertA's IR? Are they the same as what was used for the "Vulgar" album?

From what I have gathered, Dimebag used Celestion Seventy 80 and Randall Jaguar speakers throughout his career, until eventually switching to Eminence Texas Heats.
The IRs are EQed versions of the public Randall cabinet IR floating on thez interwebz..Dunno what speakers it had...

Cool, thanks.

And hey, I'm curious as to what it would sound like with them merged. Think I could trouble you with the 2 wav files? If you wish to protect your work, perhaps you could merge it for me [and everyone else, as a result] ?

Back
Top Bottom