pantera preset?

I just tried this, it's abrasive as F@$^! But I assume that is how the isolated guitar tracks would be too. It sits super weird in the mix when I try to jam along with the original songs, but playing alone its VERY dime bag sounding. I just need to figure out how to 'tame' it.

here ya go. the 2020 R and the 2020 L are the cabs. Enjoy
Thats really cool for home playing but doesn't work for live situations. I have created toons of experimental presets for my Pantera tribute band. The ones that are similar to Dime´s live tone are not so scooped. I'm just using the 5153 50w blue and diezel cabs. 1 eq before the amp and another one after to shape the tone. No Drive before amp. No need that much gain. In fact that will make your tone thin.
Again, i use mine for live situations . I send the signal to FOH and then i hook up my Seymour Duncan powerstage to a cab and i'm good to go.
Basically, i created a "base" preset and then i shape the noisegate / gain etc with my desktop during soundcheck. I did this tweeks a couple of times and i'm pretty happy with it.
In - Wha - whammy - EQ - AMP - Gate - Cab - Delay - Reverb - Out1 FOH / OUT2 CAB . Then i control the wah and whammy trough expression pedals -
This are for my RHYTHM / LEAD scenes.

Thats really cool for home playing but doesn't work for live situations. I have created toons of experimental presets for my Pantera tribute band. The ones that are similar to Dime´s live tone are not so scooped. I'm just using the 5153 50w blue and diezel cabs. 1 eq before the amp and another one after to shape the tone. No Drive before amp. No need that much gain. In fact that will make your tone thin.
Again, i use mine for live situations . I send the signal to FOH and then i hook up my Seymour Duncan powerstage to a cab and i'm good to go.
Basically, i created a "base" preset and then i shape the noisegate / gain etc with my desktop during soundcheck. I did this tweeks a couple of times and i'm pretty happy with it.
In - Wha - whammy - EQ - AMP - Gate - Cab - Delay - Reverb - Out1 FOH / OUT2 CAB . Then i control the wah and whammy trough expression pedals -
This are for my RHYTHM / LEAD scenes.
Can you detail what the EQ's are doing before and after amp?

I just tried this, it's abrasive as F@$^! But I assume that is how the isolated guitar tracks would be too. It sits super weird in the mix when I try to jam along with the original songs, but playing alone its VERY dime bag sounding. I just need to figure out how to 'tame' it.
TBF Dime's tone was pretty harsh.

Back
Top Bottom