PANTERA DIMEBAG'S TONE!!! "WALK"....I'm blown away!!!

Match sounds great - but you need to toss some foam in your trem cavity. You can hear your springs resonating in the recording. ;)

I know, it's annoying and it doesn't even have a trem. It's a schecter hellraiser with a tone pro bridge. For some reason 2 of my 4 schecter C-1 style do that. Drives my crazy and I keep stuffing crap all over under the strings. Could be my string gauge? I use 11-14-18-30-42-60 and tune to Eflat on all my stuff. Maybe they just don't sit right on those two schecters. The other two don't do that at all but that one had new strings and I grabbed it.

Last edited:
just spent all day fiddling trying to get a few new tones and you just blew them all away with this one! So accurate its crazy,cranking Walk through my Dimebolt,I guess its the compulsory first song with this tone \,,/

just spent all day fiddling trying to get a few new tones and you just blew them all away with this one! So accurate its crazy,cranking Walk through my Dimebolt,I guess its the compulsory first song with this tone \,,/

Thanks. It was super easy to TM since the Walk riff is so isolated at the starting of the song. If you downloaded the patch its endless dimebag jamming. I think I recorded the clip with my guitar that has a Bill Lawrence XL500 in it so the tone should be perfect. I'm sure your dime bolt has the same bill lawrence as well so you are hooked up with the dime tone.

This is really close. Change it to a CAB and add room and it should sound just like the original recording. By the way, is there a chance that you used L+R for input? I hear a bit of phasing right at the end of the riff which may be indicative of capturing a slightly out of phase mix.

Like other have said, it sound great, but I can hear your springs. :)
What guitar and pickups are you using?

I've always felt weird about Dimebag's tone. Part of me thinks it's just BAD. The other part can't imagine any other tone for a Pantera song. It just fits too well with that rude sound.

I've always felt weird about Dimebag's tone. Part of me thinks it's just BAD. The other part can't imagine any other tone for a Pantera song. It just fits too well with that rude sound.

So true. For years I hated Dimebag's tone (I still think of him as Diamond Darrell ;) ) It's often so shrill and irritating, but it compliments the band and Phil's voice perfectly.

Not loading for me (I'm using SysEx Librarian). Was it made before fw15?

My patch it a million years old. You can make a tone match in 2 mins that will sound as good. Just tone match the starting of WALK like I did. It really took about 30 seconds to do and sounds near perfect.

Back
Top Bottom