Panic Attack!! I just clicked pay.

I'm assuming everyone still has their own favorite IRs or are the factory IRs much better now? I'm partial to an OH combination that has yet to be dethroned.
I really like OH as well. But Leon Todd's IRs are my favorite these days.

Does anyone know why this happens? I also signed up for the FM3 waitlist and ended up clicking buy on the FC-12 bundle last night. Fractal needs to implement some safeguards to prevent this from happening.
They are taking advantage of a known character defect common to musicians in general, but most commonly attributed to guitarists and keyboard players called Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

It is extremely dangerous to spend time on this forum or browse the FAS website, and for god's sake never, ever visit the purchase page without adult supervision! 🤣🎶🎸

They are taking advantage of a known character defect common to musicians in general, but most commonly attributed to guitarists and keyboard players called Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

It is extremely dangerous to spend time on this forum or browse the FAS website, and for god's sake never, ever visit the purchase page without adult supervision! 🤣🎶🎸
I've started selling gear I no longer need because I have the Axe FX III. Reverb requires a shop name. I named it DeGAS Emporium.

Fortunately, I've been down the hole with the AX8. I found my go to combo to link was:
OH 412 MRBW RAW OH1-M+ for Cab L
OH 412 MRBW RAW CUT + 121 for Cab R

I tried all the free ones and even the cabs in Leon's preset for his Mesa setup and this combo won out every time. It's golden for the AX8 and my Xitone pwr wedge. So of course I have to give it a try on the AxeIII. And I don't know why I must, because I'm absolutely loving the Plexi's right out of the box. It's bittersweet because I worked at my Marshall preset for almost 2 years, tweaking the advanced parameters that Cliff would put up in Cliff's Notes. It really does sound awesome. And right out of the box I'm like huh..... the only tweak I need is a touch more level on the drive block to push the amp and wrap my head around the FC6.

Quick question: Does it take a real long time to convert the IR wav's when you drag them into the CAB slot? Of course I'm trying to load my OH combo but I'm missing a step. I've got about 3 tabs open on how to load or import wav IRs on the AXIII, so I'm sure I'll get there.

My goodness, this piece of equipment is beautiful...lol.

I tried all the free ones and even the cabs in Leon's preset for his Mesa setup and this combo won out every time. It's golden for the AX8 and my Xitone pwr wedge.
Leons's IRs are quite good. I like them even better that most of the OwnHammer IRs

I bought my first Fractal Audio device (AX8) last month. I fell in love with it instantly. As I started to learn about some of the stuff it couldn’t do compared to the Axe FX III, I quickly decided to make the move. I gambled and won. I absolutely love the III. It is now my ONLY amp and effects system. I have tons to learn still but I can‘t see myself going through anything else. The addition of the Friedman ASM-12 only made the experience better.

I'm in the same position. I sitting on 3 amps and two pedal boards that I absolutely do not need anymore. I'm thinking I'll get rid of 2 amps and most of my pedals and use the funds towards FRFR powered monitors.

I'm in the same position. I sitting on 3 amps and two pedal boards that I absolutely do not need anymore. I'm thinking I'll get rid of 2 amps and most of my pedals and use the funds towards FRFR powered monitors.

I get it. I’m not one to let stuff sit around. The Axe FX III just does so much, nothing else is necessary, IMO. Owning it along with my Mesa Boogie TC-100 didn’t make sense and I really loved that amp. I let it go so that it can be used the way it was intended. As a backup, it was total overkill

I'm almost a week in. For some reason I've been going slowly. I'm hesitant to put to much effort into programming the FC-6 because I'm still trying to fully understand it. I've been seeking content..watched Leon's video but haven't found the content that makes it click. But again, I've been approaching it slowly and am confident it will.

The one thing that's got me perplexed is that I keep trying factory IR combinations that are in the stock settings. Tried a few posted presets and their IR combinations. And they all sound good. But the bread and butter combo I used for Ax8 still wins out.

OH 412 MRBW RAW OH1-M+ for Cab L
OH 412 MRBW RAW CUT + 121 for Cab R

If anyone has these IR's I'd be curious as to how this combination sounds to them. To me it's an open sound, with more clarity, like the blanket is lifted. It lacks some oomph that I hear in other IRs but I'm finding I can dial that in with all of the new cab parameter options. I don't recall what the name of the Cab Pack was that I bought. Maybe the MRBW designates it.

Oh yeah, I'm using mostly Marshall style amps. It also sounds great with Leon's USA Mesa preset..or it did with the Ax8. I'm pretty sure it sill would.

:oops: I couldn't stand the wait for the FM3 and the AXIII/FC6 combo was on sale. My impulsiveness got the best of me. I just put up my '73 Marshall for sale and will be putting my AX8 up as well. Gulp.
Ahaha! That is the one of the sickest rushes ever! The axe 3 combo panic attack - included with the price of admission

ALL for the low low price of....lol

have fun and enjoy the greatest amp of all time and the near future

Back
Top Bottom